Messing with time

Carry sat in the hall, her future yet to be decided. She couldn't go home, Iris would kill her for telling Nora about the chip. So there she sat, on the only wooden bench left in the school. Carry rubbed her scar on her chest as she made up imaginary scenarios in her head.

As soon as she saw the purple and yellow streaks of lightning, Carry knew it was Nora. "Come on, we're leaving," Nora was wearing her mom's leather jacket and black jeans.

"Where are we going?" Carry was only fourteen and Nora was 24. "You're not seriously thinking about going back again are you? You almost messed up the timeline once already, and you can't outsmart the wraiths forever."

"The timeline will be fine, I have to do this. Are you coming or are you going to go home to mom's wrath?" Nora wasn't much taller than Carry, she had light brown skin and curly, short, brown hair. 

"I'm coming, I have to ask though, what time period are we going to?" Carry stood up and put her plain grey sweatshirt on over her shway t-shirt. Unlike Nora and Iris, Carry had pale skin and brown, long, wavy hair. She also wore black jeans and converse high tops. 

"Before Barry and Caitlin went missing, right before." Nora held her tightly as she ran, faster and faster, before they ended up in front of star labs, much more old fashion than the modern one they're used to, but with the same design concept. "If I help Barry, maybe cicada is never created, and they won't go missing. stay here," Nora ran away, her lightning followed her as she ran towards the satellite that was falling towards the city. 

"Nora!" Carry tried to warn her about the timeline, like she had so many times before, but Nora was already gone. Carry watched the satellite shatter into a million pieces before it hit the ground. Nora returned soon after. "Do you have any idea what you just did!?" Carry was filled with anger and worry about what their timeline would look like after such a big mistake.

"I did what I had to to get Barry and YOUR mom back! I don't understand why you're so mad!" Nora thought she had done the right thing by destroying the satellite and hadn't thought about the consequences.

"Because you could've changed everything! Everything happens for a reason that's why you aren't supposed to mess with time!" Carry always thinks of the after effects. 

"I guess we'll find out, won't we?" Nora grabs Carry and before she can respond, they're back in the future.

They head to Papa Joe's house first, attempting to avoid Iris. They are greeted by a "go away" when Carry knocks. As her hand hit the door, it started to disintegrate. 

"Nora," Carry stared at her hand, realizing what was happening. 

"No, no, no!" Nora grabbed Carry and ran home. Iris was no where to be found and the decorations that had once covered the front of the house were gone too. A lone 'for sale' sign sat in the yard. Carry's arm was halfway gone by now. "The past, you'll be safe in the past while I fix this!"

"It's too risky, you could end up doing more damage," Carry was scared, but messing up the timeline even more could erase them both. 

"I'm not letting you die." Nora took Carry back in time again. They arrived in front of Papa Joe's house, just a couple of days after the satellite explosion. Carry's arm reappeared as they went up and knocked on the door. When it opened, Nora stormed in without an invitation. "We need your help."