Comfort

Caitlin stood on the balcony, going over every possibility that could bring Carry out of this coma. She put her head in her hands and tried not to cry.

A hand was gently set on Caitlin's back, she turned around and barely looked at Barry before collapsing into his warm arms. He held her tightly and set his head on hers. She cried like she'd never cried before.

"It's-It's all m-my fault!" Her voice was muffled by Barry's shirt. "I should-should've kept her from going!"

"As if you could stop Carry from doing what she put her mind to," Barry said. He hugged her tightly while she cried. "She's a lot like you you know, stubborn, very stubborn." Caitlin laughed through the tears.

"Yeah..." Barry could always make her laugh in the worst of times.

They pulled away and Caitlin wiped her tears. Barry watched her, wondering if she needed another hug. He would gladly hold her until the end of time if she needed. However, it looked like she was done crying for now.

They returned to the cortex and continued to try to wake Carry up. Barry stole glances at Caitlin every once in a while, making sure she was doing okay. She never looked at him, but Caitlin knew that Barry had her back.