Chapter One

Tyler kept his head rested on Esther's lap as they all sat around to talk. They being Tyler, John, Matthew, Megan, Esther, Eleanor, Adam, Philip, Katherine, and Lauren. They were almost never not seen together. Basically the image of best friends.

   Esther lazily ran her hand through Ty's hair, playing with his curls. Ty let out a soft sigh of content. He loved it when people played with his hair, especially Esther. Philip chuckled at them.

   "That's poetically gay!" Philip yelled. John laughed hysterically and rolled out of his chair. Megan finger gunned at them.

   "Hell yeah it is." Esther replied, giggling along. Lauren rolled her eyes. Eleanor chuckled but her eyes simmered with slight disinterest. Megan laughed.

   "Wait, wouldn't that be straight?" she asked. Philip squinted at her with a face that said 'you killed the mood'.

   "When's the train coming anyway?" Eleanor questioned out of nowhere. They were waiting at a train station to travel for the summer, but their train seemed to be running late. Matt shrugged.

   "Soon I hope." He grumbled. "We're like the only people here and I think Ty's getting drowsy." Ty had his eyes closed as his hair was played with and only mumbled softly.

   "I wish you wouldn't do that, Pip." Esther spoke, her eyes narrowing at Philip.

   "Do what?" He asked quizzically.

    "You know what. Smoke." Her voice became ever so slightly more rigid. "You're high right now. I can tell." Lauren's eyes went wide and they fixed on Philip. His eyes were dilated and tinted pink.

   "You are..." Lauren breathed. "You're high. I can't believe you!" Philip rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

   "It's not that big of a deal. You don't have to make it one." He snapped. Ty flinched slightly in his sleep. Esther drew small circles on his cheek with her thumb. "Sorry..." Philip murmured.

   "It's alright." Lauren said, resting a hand on his shoulder. "It's dark. If the train doesn't get here soon we'll find a hotel to stay at or something. Ok?" Everyone nodded in agreement. "Good."

   A few minutes passed as the group waited. Matthew looked at his watch, "I have a feeling the train isn't coming," he sighed.

   "I'm gonna go find a place to smoke." Philip said, getting up and walking away. Everyone watched him walk away.

   "He's gonna die young." Kathy crossed her arms and shook her head. John nodded sadly.

   "It's a pity. He has so much potential." He commented. Adam looked around nervously.

   "It's getting dark, we should probably find a place to stay." He looked over at Lauren.

   "I'll see if I can book us a hotel to stay at." Lauren said, taking out her phone and walking around to find good reception. Eleanor grabbed Adam and Kathy's arms.

   "Let's go see if we can find a payphone, or something." She advised, walking away with them. While they were walking there was a distant, "Wait, you have money, right?"