Chapter Ten

Everyone sat in a chilled silence. Nobody could hear what Philip and Esther were talking about since the balcony door was closed. Tyler sat on one of the beds, holding his phone and texting. Every now and then he would look up at Esther then back at his phone.

   "Why do you keep looking at her?" John finally asked. "Jealous?" Ty looked up at him and shook his head.

   "My, uh, sister is asking about her." Ty said pausing to look at his phone when it buzzed.

   "Sister?" Matt thought for a moment. "Oh yeah. Her name's Theodosia, right? How is she?" Ty stopped to think.

   "She's... busy." He said carefully.

   "What business she run now?" Matt pried.

   "She, um, helps fugitives, I guess you could say." Ty looked very uncomfortable.

   "Like, of the law?" Megan asked, looking intrigued. Ty shook his head a little bit.

   "More like of the government...?" It sounded like a question at the end. Esther came in from the balcony. Philip blew out a puff of smoke, put out his cigarette, then came inside. Esther walked straight to Ty.

   "Phone." She demanded holding out her hand. Ty looked puzzled.

   "What?" He asked. Esther rolled her eyes.

   "Give me your phone." She said. He handed her the phone. She dialed a number and then held the phone to her ear. "Hey Theo. Yeah. You got him?" Silence followed for a few seconds. A couple tears fell from her eyes. "That's perfect. Hm? Oh yeah. Sorry." She quickly wiped her tears. "Make sure everything sustains until I can get back. No more deaths. Got it?" Megan exchanged a glance with Matt. "I'll take care of him. Don't worry, Bye." With that she hung up and handed the phone back to Ty.

   "No more deaths? What's that supposed to mean, Esther?" Lauren asked. Esther glanced her and smiled.

   "Wouldn't you like to know?" Then she walked into the other room. Philip face palmed.

   "What's she hiding, Philip? Ty?" Lauren looked at both of them. Ty looked at Philip.

   "She helps run the business with my sister." Ty said. "She makes sure they are no casualties and makes sure everyone has their rights." Lauren narrowed her eyes.

   "Why'd she start crying?" She questioned. Ty opened his mouth to answer but Philip stopped him.

   "I don't really think that's any of your business." He stated. Lauren glared at him.

   "Don't get so full of yourself." She growled. Storming into the bathroom, she slammed the door.