Chapter Two

Ty awoke with a scream. Esther's arms were around him in an instant, hugging him close to her. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and cried.

   "E-Esther! Y-y-you! S-she! I-I couldn't s-save y-you!" He sobbed. "I'm s-sorry." Esther rubbed his back, trying to comfort him.

   "It's okay, Ty. It's okay. It was just a dream." She murmured to him. He looked up at her, his wide eyes filled with fear and tears.

   "No. It was real. I know it was. She cut your throat open and stabbed you again and again and again and again." He said, his voice almost frantic.

   "Who, Ty? Who?" Esther asked, moving his hair away from his eyes as it stuck to his forehead from the sweat.

   "I-I don't know." He murmured. "She had her back turned to me. But it was so scary. I never want to go through that again."

   "Guys!" A voice echoed through the trees, cutting them off, "We found something!" Lauren looked up at the direction the voice came from. She gestured to the others to followed her, and they stood up to go.

    "You'll be okay, right?" Esther sounded concerned for Ty.

   "Yeah..." Ty was still shaking a little, "it probably was just a dream." He smiled weakly to reassure her, and, with that, they followed Lauren. When they crossed to where the voice was shouting, they saw a tall building with paint that peeled off on some spots, revealing bricks. There was a sign that read,"Rosewood Hotel", in big, bold letters.

   "It's not the best," Eleanor admitted, 'but it should get us through a few nights." Matt nodded in agreement.

   "Ellie's right," he grinned,"this should be a good place to stay." They all looked at Lauren, for she had all of the money. She sighed and pulled out her credit card.

   "Okay," she sighed, "But only if-" however, before she could say anything else, the group cheered and rushed in like children running into a candy shop. She chuckled to herself, "I'm in danger." She entered in the building a leisurely stride, hoping to save, at the least, fifty dollars.  

   When they walked in, they were greeted by a glum desk attendant, who looked to be in her early twenties. They checked in, taking two rooms, and quickly unpacked. In one room was Esther, Ty, Eleanor, Matt and Philip. In the other, there was Lauren, Kathy, Adam, Megan and John. They got changed into their sleepwear and got settled in for the night.