Do you love me? Part 2

Warning: mature content

"why are you doing this?" I say softly, avoiding the question.

"I need to know" Bjorn says, his eyes never leaving mine.

"What will it change, Bjorn? Nothing. I am married to Arvid, you are married to Torvi. We both have children... neither of us have lives that we can change. So what is the point?" I begin to become frustrated, afraid that he may have just ruined what we have.

"How do you not see what we already are to one another? So what if we are married? Who says anything has to change? We already get to have one another, Wynne. What will admitting these feelings change for us, huh?" I can sense Bjorn becoming frustrated too.

I run my hands over my face and sit up in frustration, exhaling loudly. Bjorn rolls on to his back, sharing in my aggravation. I turn back and watch as he stares up at the ceiling. I roll my eyes and stand from the bed, gathering my boots and coat from the ground.

"Where are you going?" Bjorn says flatly without moving.

"Home." I simply say, sitting by the hearth. I begin pulling my boots on my feet, but Bjorn interrupts me. He stands from the bed, pausing to stare at me. He stands just before me, staring at me with an angry look. He takes my boot from my hand and throws it on the ground.

"What?" I say, tilting my head. "What?" I repeat, this time with my venom in my voice.

"You aren't doing this. You aren't ruining this. You're staying here, and we're talking about this." He says. I begin to protest, but before the words can leave my mouth he's picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Bjorn put me down!" I yell while trying to wriggle from his grasp. I feel his hands grasp my hips as he walks back to the bed, flopping me straight down on my bottom. I huff as my hair flies around my face in a mess and I can feel my cheeks reddening with anger.

"Why does it matter, Bjorn? It sounds like you already know the answer. Why make me say it out loud? After all this time it won't make anything different. Neither of us can change our lives for this. What does it matter?" I feel anger bubbling in my blood as I speak. I try to stand once more, but he simply pushes me back down. I glare at him menacingly for the action, warning him. He rubs his reddening cheeks and eyes, frustration clear on his face.

"Because Wynne!" He booms. I'm taken back by the volume and jump, my eyes flying to his. "It doesn't change anything for anyone else, but it does for us! For me!" His hand pounds his chest once, the veins in his neck becoming more visible. "I don't get to have you to myself out there. You don't think that doesn't bother me? You are mine! But nobody will ever know that, not the way we do. If I only get to have you behind closed doors, I want to know that I have you completely. I want to know that this means to you what it does to me, that you won't up and leave one day because you get tired of all the sneaking around. I have to see you out there with your husband, I have to watch as he touches your waist, kisses your shoulder, my shoulder, and there's nothing I can do about it, nothing I can say. But here, when we are alone, I want to know that I mean to you what you do me. I need to know that you feel something deeper than friendship. That is why it matters, Wynne. That is why I need to hear you say it... but only if it's true. Maybe we aren't fated to be married or have children, but I I believe that the Gods allowed this to happen for a reason." He runs out of breath at the end of his sentence, his chest rising and falling more rapidly now.