Ontario

Nickname: The Heartland Province

Human Name: Oliver Timberlake

Age: 19 Years Old

Gender: Male

Birthday: June 19th

Brief Historical Background: Around 1610, French explorers began exploring and mapping out Southern Ontario, formally establishing around 1639 the colony of Pays d'en Haut ("Upper Country"), in reference to the region being upstream of the Saint Lawrence River. In the aftermath of the French and Indian War, Britain enacted the Quebec Act of 1774, reorganizing the territory into the Province of Quebec. Its growing population later warranted the passage of the Constitutional Act of 1791, splitting the region into the Canadas: Ontario became Upper Canada and Quebec became Lower Canada. However, in an attempt to assimilate French Canadians, Lower Canada and Upper Canada rejoined in the Act of Union 1840 as the Province of Canada. That consequently raised tensions between English-speaking and French-speaking Canadians, resulting in Ontario splitting from Quebec to become its own province upon the creation of the Canadian Confederation in 1867.

Provincehood: July 1, 1867 (Part of the First Four)

Height: 178 cm (5' 10")

Hair Colour: Light Blond

Eye Colour: Amethyst Purple

Notable Traits: He has a wings hairstyle. He has light skin. He typically wears a tan suit with brown Oxford quarter brogues and a green necktie for business purposes. Other clothing items he likes to wear casually include sports jerseys, printed T-shirts, raglan-sleeved shirts, hoodies, down jackets, plaid Mackinaw jackets, Canada Goose parkas, sweatpants, tan pants, basketball shorts, runners, brown leather boots, pom-pom toques, baseball caps, and mittens. He keeps a loonie on him for luck.

Favourite Foods & Drinks: Bon Bon Spare Ribs, Butter Tarts, East Indian Roti, Jamaican Patties, Ketchup Chips, Peameal Bacon Sandwiches, Persian (roll), Sushi Pizza, Veal Sandwiches, Windsor-style Pizza with Pineapple

Likes: Basketball, Cottages, Hip Hop, Money, Table Hockey

Dislikes: Choking (sports), Flies, Quebec, Raccoons, Snow Squalls

Personality: Egocentric and Steadfast. Perfectly entitled to being the best at everything is the English-speaking self-proclaimed centre of Canada. He typically comes across as a super self-absorbed smart-ass with an exaggerated ego, often annoying his Canadian peers whenever he forgets to acknowledge their existence. Not to mention, he can be cold and impatient like an insufferable Yankee. In his defence though, it's only fitting for him to retain an air of superiority. He's generally an upright person, working hard to bring home the bacon for the sake of supporting the poorer provinces, rarely irresponsible due to having a level-headed sense of loyalty to his country. While at the same time, he holds greater ambitions of becoming more popular on the global stage, not wanting to be overlooked like the rest of the Great White North. Fellow Canadians doubt the overzealous douchebag can achieve everyone's respect and recognition with a rich, rude, and ridiculously ostentatious attitude. Nevertheless, the loonie-loving loon has his heart set on finding plenty of opportunities that promote his prestige. Feel free to laugh at his failed expenses, but he's dead serious about proving himself to the world.

Trivia:
+ He once spent $31 million on "raccoon-proof" garbage bins, only to see them do nothing to discourage the marauding trash pandas that plague his neighbourhoods.
+ He prefers the lighter bowling balls used for five-pin bowling instead of the heavier bowling balls used for ten-pin bowling.
+ He has a sweet tooth, especially for chocolate bars and fruit-flavoured gummies.
+ His go-to order at Tim Hortons is a double-double (coffee) and an apple fritter.
+ "Screw you, Quebec! Canada Dry is better than Seagram's!"

~

Feel free to vote or comment on my Ontario OC.