Yukon

Nickname: Land of the Midnight Sun

Human Name: Yule Williamson

Age: 15 Years Old

Gender: Female

Birthday: August 16th

Brief Historical Background: People of the First Nations had long settled in the region prior to the arrival of Europeans in the early 19th century. During that time, the region was sparsely explored and inhabited as part of the North-West Territory. That changed when the Klondike Gold Rush in 1897 attracted thousands of prospectors to the region. It consequently led to the formal separation of the Yukon District from the North-West Territories and the formation of the Yukon Territory in 1898. Over a century later, the Canadian federal government passed the Yukon Act, royally assenting to simplifying the name "Yukon" as the territory's official name on March 27, 2002.

Confederation Date: June 13, 1898

Height: 158 cm (5' 2")

Hair Colour: Raven Black

Eye Colour: Gold

Notable Traits: She prefers short hairstyles with fringes such as bob cuts, bowl cuts, and pixie cuts. She has tawny skin. She's shown to have a cute little fang. She typically wears a brown camouflage jacket over a green shirt with blue pants, brown hunting boots, a brown trapper hat made from muskrat fur, and a gold nugget pendant. She'll sometimes sport temporary Yidiiltoo (face tattoos) around her eyes and under her chin.

Favourite Foods & Drinks: Birch Syrup, Bison Burgers, Coffee, Elk Sausage Rolls, Fireweed Jelly, Fish Pie, Moose Pie, Potatoes, Smoked Salmon, Sourdough Bread

Likes: Dog Sledding, Hunting, Storytelling, Wildlife Watching, Whitewater Rafting

Dislikes: Cold Snaps, Liver, Poachers, Polluters, Swindlers

Personality: Brazen and Outgoing. The Yukon still believes herself to be larger than life despite being the second-least populated place in all of Canada. Her golden heyday has long become a part of the past, yet she has since grown to receive more than three hundred thousand visitors per year in the present era. Much of that adventurous appeal has to do with her natural beauty, the type that's unpretentious and untouched, which unfortunately comes from an immature mind rather than a pure spirit. It isn't too surprising, considering the airhead hasn't changed or developed a whole lot over the years. Still, some unsuspecting people can't help their disappointment upon discovering her rustic qualities to be more crude than charming. On the upside, there are people who find no offence in her bold and bawdy attitude, nor do they mind the rugged toughness that comes with living in the Land of the Midnight Sun. Because in all honesty, she's a huge breath of fresh air, free from the suffocating smog and stressful social norms that occur outside her borders. For that reason, there's little sense in "fixing" her flaws and bad habits. As long as she's able to let loose and have fun on many daring adventures, she's perfectly happy being her wild self.

Trivia:
+ She previously worked as a guide, packer, and outfitter for prospectors during the Klondike Gold Rush.
+ She's missing a toe on her right foot due to a bad case of frostbite. After getting it amputated, she sent it to the Sourdough Saloon as an anonymous donor.
+ She owns a collection of signposts from all over the world.
+ She's besties with Alaska, often joining her on hunting trips.
+ She's surprisingly popular among German tourists. According to Germany, it has to do with people missing the feeling of "true wilderness" and the fictional stories of Winnetou.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment.