Alberta

Nickname: Wild Rose Country

Human Name: Albert "Berta" Campbell

Age: 17 Years Old

Gender: Male

Birthday: September 1st

Brief Historical Background: Before 1870, most of Alberta was claimed as part of Prince Rupert's Land and the North-Western Territory under the administration of the Hudson's Bay Company (HBC). That was until control over the region was transferred to the Dominion of Canada, becoming part of the North-Western Territories. The Dominion Lands Act was then enacted in 1872 to encourage White settlement in the Canadian prairies. In 1882, the District of Alberta split off from the North-Western Territories as one of four provisional districts. After a long campaign for autonomy, Alberta expanded to its present-day borders and entered the Confederation as a province in 1905.

Provincehood: September 1, 1905 (8th/9th with Saskatchewan)

Height: 181 cm (5' 11")

Hair Colour: Honey Blond

Eye Colour: Bright Blue

Notable Traits: He has a mullet hairstyle. He has rosy cheeks. He has abs. He typically wears a Canadian tuxedo, which consists of a light blue denim shirt, a trucker jacket and a pair of blue stone-washed jeans with the addition of black cowboy boots, a black leather belt, and a white felt cowboy hat. He'll often sport sunglasses in sunny weather.

Favourite Foods & Drinks: Bison Steak, Caesars (cocktail), Edmonton Donairs, Ginger Beef, Green Onion Cakes, Kubie Burgers, Perogies, Puffed Wheat Squares, Taber Corn, Vietnamese Subs (aka Bánh Mì)

Likes: Beekeeping, Paleontology, Rodeos, Skiing, Wild Roses

Dislikes: Clowns, Equalization Payments, Hailstorms, Ottawa, Rats

Personality: Hardheaded and Industrious. Getting called the Texas of the North is quite a backhanded compliment for this beefy Canadian cowboy. Since much like the state, the right-wing roughneck has lots of beef with liberal-leaning peers over his love for oil and conservative values. For the most part, they treat the wannabe American in a deriding manner, often reining him back from committing what they think are destructive and opportunistic tendencies. That in turn causes him to be cranky and embittered over what he strongly views to be excessive restrictions in his personal business, which has sometimes made him mull over the idea of independence from their intrusive control. Despite their disagreements, however, he willingly bears the brunt of their crazy criticisms rather than act wildly out of frustration and fiery resentment. Because much to their disliking, the resourceful redneck can get away with acting like a patronizing prick due to making a massive fortune from extracting fossil fuels. Only out of noble righteousness has the opulent oiler chosen to stay in the Confederation for his fellow Canadians whose lifestyles are fueled by his wealth, on the condition they don't outright hinder his economic ventures. After all, Big Berta wants nothing more than to become strong and free in his pursuit of economic growth and success overall. No matter what progressive proponents say about him, he remains hard-nosed and strong-willed in his way of living.

Trivia:
+ He had a crush on Ukraine during his childhood, at which time she had been taking refuge amongst the Prairie Provinces for over a decade. He had since grown out of it, though he still very much admires her, often making giant roadside attractions in her honour.
+ He once had plans to get an atomic bomb and blow it up under the Athabasca oil sands around Fort McMurray, but Ottawa managed to talk him down from going through with that bad idea.
+ He often volunteers to cook free pancake breakfasts for visitors at the Calgary Stampede.
+ His favourite superhero is Wolverine, and he's a fan of Star Trek.
+ He believes in the existence of aliens and has even set up a landing pad for their UFOs in case they decide to visit him.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment.