Chapter Nine

Diana woke up feeling uneasy. She could tell something bad was coming just like she did when Daniel broke into the castle. The energy was shifted and there could only mean one thing; Valder was on the move. She didn't want everyone in the house to be on edge but it was nothing wrong with being ready.

Diana looked into the vanity mirror that once belonged to her mother and looked at her reflection. She was a combination of both Amethyst and Lawrence yet, she only felt her mother. She's never even come across any pictures of Lawrence just to have. Diana assumed with the feud going on between Amethyst and Agatha, they wouldn't just keep them lying around. Still, she kept an open mind that maybe she would find some. Or anything of that matter that connects her to her father and his side of the family.

Diana felt  sudden gust of wind and quickly turned around, cursing herself for letting her guard down knowing what they were up against. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw her close feathered friend.

"Tiko ... its just you", Diana said to him clutching her chest.

Tiko changed from his animal form to his human form and came and sat crossed legged on the floor by Diana's feet. Tiko was different and it wasn't just in the physical sense. Diana did take note that he was wearing his hair pulled back into a ponytail instead of it hanging long down his back like it usually is. He had a few shells and jewels in it that caught Diana's eye. He didn't sport his usual native american attire, but more of a modern approach to it. However, his energy is what Diana took note of the most. He was happier than usual which Diana noted was a good thing. But what exactly was it that had him glowing?

"Tiko, are you in love?", Diana asked him.

Despite his tan complexion, Tiko's blush was extremely visible. He cleared his throat, trying to contain his smile. When he could no longer hold it, it spread across his face.

"Is it that obvious?", he asked Diana.

Diana giggled like a school girl. She hadn't felt like this since her and Ciara had became friends. Diana hadn't seen much of her lately. She kept reminding herself to find a way to reach out to Ciara but it constantly slipped her mind due to other things happening around her.

"What's her name?", Diana asked curiously.

Tiko's face dropped.

"What's wrong?", Diana asked.

"I've realized that as long as I've been around, you don't really know much about me. I cant fault no one for that but myself".

Diana's face scrunched in confusion.

"One of the reasons why I try to stay out of my village is because ... I'm homosexual".

Diana stared at Tiko waiting for a further explanation.

"That's it? You're just going to stare?", he asked Diana.

"What exactly do you want me to say?".

Tiko hung his head. "I'm sorry. I'm just so used to everyone's disapproval".

"Why?".

"Well, the Navajo tribe was one of the first to, in a way, accept homosexuality. My father, however, as the chief did not approve. He told me he didn't want to be the talk of the village. He made me train with the toughest warriors in our tribe. He would tell them to beat what he called the curse of homosexuality out of me. So many days I would wake up from being unconscious for a few moments to open my eyes and see firsts being geared towards my body and face. Eventually, I just started studying what they did and reciprocated. Diana ... I know hundreds of ways to injure or kill someone and I never use the knowledge that I have".