Chapter Fifteen

Adana stalked up the stairs, making her way towards Diana's bedroom. Her subconscious was still fast asleep but even if her true self was awakened, it was nothing she could do. Her ancestors had been feeding off of Adana's life source since she allowed them to enter her body. Tiko crippling her weakened her mentally; giving them the open window they needed to takeover her body. For centuries they've been waiting on a host to connect them to the physical realm. They hadn't realized just giving Adana all the power she could ever want would be all they would need to do to make their plan a reality. They noticed how much Adana wanted to please Agatha; someone who they knew they had to trick in order for her to convince Adana to take them in. But Adana wasn't as cold hearted as they wanted her to be. They could see through her eyes how distracted she was becoming. They could feel the emotions she was letting build inside for not only Bishop, but for Diana as well. However, there was nothing more they could expect from a mere weakling like Adana. 

Eyes still glowing, Adana's ancestors combined themselves and all their power. Bringing forth that much strength within Adana's body was almost catastrophic. Adana's body, even with her vampire gene, just wasn't strong enough to hold everything at full capacity. Adana felt she was the most powerful witch when in reality, she had yet to yield the coven's entire arsenal. However, once the ancestors brought everything forth, Adana's body began to react. Burnt like sores spread all over her body. Her hair that was once brown with a silk smooth texture now turned silver like an old wise woman. The power was breaking her body down slowly but the ancestors weren't concerned of that. Once Diana was murdered, stopping the prophecy from coming true, they could care less what happened to Adana. 

Adana entered Diana's room with an evil smile on her face. She managed to grab one of the swords that were on display in the hallway by Diana's bedroom and was more than happy to find that it was sharp to the touch. Adana closed the door behind her, placing a spell on it to seal it and making it impossible for anyone to come in and interrupt her massacre. With a snap of her fingers, she made all the windows close and lock themselves and pulled the curtains closed. The room was engulfed in darkness, the only light coming from the the television Diana mistakenly left on. Staying light on her feet, Adana jumped up on Diana's bed, placing either foot on each side of her. She crouched down and placed the blade of the sword mere inches away from Diana's throat. 

"Long live the queen", Adana said before putting pressure on Diana's neck to cut it open and make her bleed out.

Diana trained her aura to stay inside of her and only coming out when she called it too. Even in certain situations when Diana was facing death would she sometimes have to summon it. However, sometimes the aura would take a life of it's own. It knew that if Diana was to die, the aura would exist no more. Sensing the danger, the aura awoke within Diana. It shot off a bolt of energy, throwing Adana across the room and into the marble dresser Diana had put in the room recently. Diana fully awakened and looked around to see what was going on. She saw Adana on the floor struggling to get up with a sword in her hand. Adana's eyes were still glowing green and she still sported an evil green even with the blood dripping out of the corner of her mouth. She stood to her feet, her legs slightly wobbling.

"Adana, what the hell is going on?", Diana questioned. 

"Your species is an abomination and you must die", Adana's ancestors spoke up.

Diana's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "You don't sound like yourself", she said to Adana.

"Because she isn't! She could never be herself and do what we needed her to do. She's too weak".

It was then that Diana felt the energy. The same energy she felt with Valder as well as her own daughter, Zora. The darkness that lingers within their soul and causing destruction and any and everything it could. Diana took a step forward, knowing what she had to do, but was stopped by Adana reaching out her arms on either side of her with her palms up. Fire was ignited throughout the entire room and began to burn everything it touched. Diana screamed as she watched her things as well as some of Amethyst's things catch flame. All the memories she had of her mother were turning to ash.