Chapter Eleven

Tiko flapped his wings as fast as he could to get to Diana's house. He knew something was off about Adana, he just couldn't put his finger on it. Overhearing the things she said put everything in perspective for him. She was brainwashed by Agatha to think what she was doing was for the greater good. He wished he would've known before and maybe he could've directed Adana into another direction but he knew he was too late. Which meant he had to warn Diana.

Tiko felt pain in his heart from the loss of Mekhi. Tiko knew he no longer wanted to be in the village or in the kingdom of that matter. All he knew was that he was in love with Mekhi and wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. He was going to the hut to offer a proposal of forever to Mekhi. Tiko wanted to run away with him and never have to return. Mekhi just had to get in the way. It wasn't Tiko's intentions to kill him, although Mekhi would have been injured from the blast regardless. He jumped in the line of fire and caught majority of the impact, killing him instantly. Tiko knew once he used his powers that someone would get hurt. He kept telling himself since he murdered his father that he didn't want to murder anyone ever again. But he knew his duty to Diana and he had to protect her. So, if that meant killing the one person he'll ever love because he was an accomplice to someone trying to harm Diana, then so be it.

Tiko landed in the front lawn and let his wings retreat into his back. He barged into the house, bumping right into Bishop. He hadn't been around since Valder was killed according to Diana and Tiko wasn't quite sure why he was there now. Bishop had some type of internal thing going on with himself that he needed to figure out on his own time. Tiko would rather him figure it out without dragging Diana into it though.

"Watch where you're going, bird", Bishop said to Tiko. Tiko in returned rolled his eyes and pushed him out of the way.

"I don't have time for this", he said to Bishop as he made his way towards the steps. He was stopped by Bishop's grip on his wrist. Tiko looked down at Bishop's hand then back up to him.

"You can't just waltz in here like you live here", Bishop said to him sternly.

"I don't know where you ran off to like the little mouse you are a few days ago, but clearly they've blessed you with some testicles finally". Tiko gathered some strength and punched Bishop in the chest with his free hand, making him release his wrist and fly into the wall. "Unfortunately, that means nothing to me".

"What is going on down here?", Diana said, quickly running down the steps to tend to Bishop. She helped him to his feet and looked at Tiko disapprovingly. "What has gotten into you, Tiko?", she asked him.

"Me? I'm not the one trying to have a pissing contest here. Why is he even here?", Tiko asked.

"He came back and apologized for running off. You of all people should know what it's like to run off when scared".

Tiko was offended but Diana's words but he didn't have to dive into that.

"Diana, we need to hurry".

"Hurry and do what?"

"It's Adana. She's--"

"Who the hell is Adana?", Bishop asked.

"I don't have time to explain everything! But she's coming and--"

Before Tiko could finish his sentence, the entire house began to shake violently. Tiko ran to Diana's side.

"I can either get you out of here or I can stand by you and defend Larfire. The choice is yours", Tiko said into Diana's ear.

"But who is it?", Diana asked.

"The daughter of Agatha".

Diana gasped. She didn't know Agatha had any children, let alone any that lived close. Diana's answer was nod.