Chapter Thirteen

Bishop walked into his and Diana's bedroom with his charm on maximum level. He knew he had to bring out all the stops if he was going to convince Diana of releasing Adana. He didn't know why but deep down he had a feeling that he would do anything for her. He would go to the ends of the Earth to make sure she was pleased. And if that meant seducing his first love so that his current one may be free then he'd do just that.

His silk pajama pants hung low on his waist and he discarded his shirt he was wearing. Diana, who was lying across the bed reading, looking up from her book and immediately was filled with lust. Human, vampire, or troll; it didn't matter. Diana would always feel the same attraction to Bishop. He wasn't too bulky but he wasn't too slender either. And it seemed his body sculpted around Diana every time they lay in bed. They hadn't made much love since the birth of Zora but when they found the time it was always magical. At least, that's how Diana saw it.

"Coming to bed already?", Diana asked Bishop. "I figured you would be out into town like you usually are".

Bishop shrugged and went to join Diana in the bed. He rolled onto his back and pulled Diana on top of him so that she could straddle him. He still had slight fear that one day he would be too close to Diana and she would snap and eat him alive. Right now, however, there was another feeling within him that was overpowering that fear to the point where he didn't care whether she did or didn't.

"I figured I'd come in and spend some time with my wife".

Diana's face dropped. "You know ... technically we never finished the ceremony. I can't even properly say we're married".

"No ceremony can stop the love I have for you, my queen".

"No, no, I know that. I'm simply saying because things are starting to get back on track within the kingdom, maybe it's time we actually take our vows".

Bishop put on a fake smile of pure joy. "Anything you want, my love. When do you want to do this?".

"As soon as possible. Right now my focus is on doing something with this army that belongs to my insane sister. Once that is over, it will all be about you and I".

Bishop tried to look as if he was clueless. "Sister? What sister?".

Diana sighed. "I had completely forgotten you weren't outside when everything happened. Well, to make a long story short, my father had an affair and had a child. That child is the one who came here yesterday and tried to kill us all. I have her locked away in  the cellar in the basement. I haven't figured out what to do with her".

"My queen, it isn't like you to have prisoners. Why won't you let her go?".

"Did you not hear me say she tried to kill us?", Diana sarcastically asked.

"I comprehended perfectly. What I am saying is, as far as family goes, she is all you have. Your parents are gone, Glinda is imprisoned by the coven, Maat is in the wind. All you have is her and Zora".

"And you of course", Diana said lovingly.

"Well yes, me as well", Bishop said innocently.

Diana rubbed the side of her head in frustration.

"I can't just let her go. That would be morally insane".

"So, take her outside of the kingdom. Show her that you are willing and open to start anew as long as she is. Understand that the way you grew up and the things you were taught might not be the same for her. Killing you might've been the right thing in her mind because that's all she knew. You cannot fault her for that. All you can do is show her different".

Diana took in everything Bishop said. In the back of her mind, she knew nothing good could possibly come of releasing Adana from the cell. She could kill her as well as everyone else. Diana knew no truth about that prophecy nonsense she was talking. As far as Diana knew, it could be the same insanity and obsession that Agatha had to want power. But Diana could not deny that Adana was still family. And before she could completely pass judgement, she had to at least try to put her on a different path.