Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s PoV

I heard the carriage pull up near the house and dashed towards the front part of the mansion. I noticed (B/N) opening the door for mother. At first glance you would have thought she was my Aunt we're so unalike. But deep down me and mother both have one thing in common, a heart of gold. Mother exited out of the carriage and smiled at me, her soft skin shined like her chocolate brown hair. And her emerald green eyes had such a warm feeling to them.

"Welcome back mother" I shouted as I raced towards her. Hugging her waist tightly "How was the trip?" I asked. She smiled down at me and replied.

"It went well my little Sparrow, besides I have great news to share with you." I pulled away and grinned happily. Mother and I began to walk towards the manor, talking about many things.

Time skip

Me and mother were having a peaceful lunch when father came in with a letter "(M/N), we need to talk." father spoke quickly, as if he was out of breathe.

"What is it (F/N)?" mother asked. Without saying a word, father grabbed mother and made her stand up from her chair, leading her to their study. I let out a small sigh and waited patiently for them to come back.

(B/N)'s PoV

'My mistress is upset, I wish I could just tell her everything her parents are keeping from her. I wish I wasn't in a contract with her father, but instead with her. (Y/N)'s soul is more pure and sweet, unlike (F/N)'s whose tainted and bitter.' I put on a smile and walked over to her "Something wrong mistress?" I ask, she shakes her head and smiles. I return her smile and serve her another cup of tea while she waits for her parents to return.