Chapter 10

(Y/N)'s PoV

Without having to utter a single word the Queen held up her hand, which made the two bickering males stop in their tracks. Lowering her hand the butler in white leaned down while the Queen muttered quiet words to him. The butler stood up and spoke loud enough for us to hear,

"It has been decided, to lower the risk of confrontation and violence between the both of you the Queen has made a verdict. The Princess shall rotate between the both of you, every two weeks she shall live under your household and vise verse. For the first two she shall go with Earl Phantomhive. From there we will send a letter of instruction of how to retrieve her from one estate to another." My eyes widened at this declaration, I'm not someone who judges the acts of others but this was ridiculous. 'I'm not some artifact to be passed around! I don't understand why I can't just stay in some Summer home or somewhere more practical!' I mentally yelled.

"I suppose that's alright. Now I don't mean to seem like I question your authority your majesty, but may I inquire why I am to be rotated around between these two? Surely I can stay somewhere different so that I wouldn't bother them?" I asked, trying to sound as polite as possible. The butler leaned towards the Queen and listened to her once again. I was growing a bit tired of the Queen constantly using her servant for something as easy as speaking. 'Maybe her voice isn't strong enough to be loud, but if that's true why doesn't she speak to us at a closer range?' I wanted to know more about this mysterious woman but that would have to wait for another day.

"As we've addressed you are foreign to this country and if we were to assign you to the Queen's Summer estate for example, who would protect you in case of a break in? Of course this is purely hypothetical but still a possible outcome that we can't risk happening. As for the rotation, the Queen feels more at ease knowing her two most powerful enforcers will keep watch over the last representative of France." I felt my heart stop at the males statement. 'How did he know? Word couldn't have spread this far?!' I remained silent and merely nodded. Feeling the sad stare of B/N's eyes on me I remained silent for the rest of the meeting. Soon the Queen closed the meeting after wrapping up a few things and we were ushered out by the butler.

(Ciel)'s PoV

As the others and I left the meeting I could feel the tensions loom over out silent forms. Not wanting to make the trip home awkward I decide to make idle chat on our way out of the pristine manor.

"Since you will be under my watch, how would you like to pick tonight's dinner?" I offered to the H/C haired female, who seemed to be busy spacing off as we reached the carriages. I turn to face her and as a brief moment passes her butler nudged her right shoulder. The female snapped out of her daze rather quickly and faced me.

"Forgive me, my mind is somewhere else. Can you repeat your question Lord Phantomhive?" She asked politely. Her eyes looking disheartened as she gazed up at me, I merely nodded and restated my question quickly for the female.

"There's no need for that Lord Phantomhive, I wouldn't want your staff going out of their way to make a special request. Besides, my palate is as open as my mind if you were worried about that." I smirk at her response.

"I insist Lady L/N, consider it a welcome gift." Before she had a time to make another response I spot Trancy snake his right arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him. A cocky smirk is plastered on his face as I watch him lift Lady L/N's face and bring it close to hers.

"Such a shame really, a pretty young lady being dragged around like child. If it were up to me I'd have you stay under my watch, but we can only wait," A flirtatious tone laced his words, I cleared my throat awkwardly at the two. Lady L/N with light pink dusted cheeks, pushed Trancy away and softly said her farewells. Of course the male made an over-the-top move and kissed her hand.

"Until we meet again, little butterfly." Soon Trancy entered into his carriage with butler in tow. I let out a sigh of relief and helped Lady L/N enter my carriage, and once we were all set we headed off to my manor.

-------------------------------------------------------

I meant to update this yesterday but I forgot! I'm deeply sorry for the wait, and I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!!!!

Bai Lil Biscuits!! ~~~~~