Chapter 9

(Y/N)'s PoV

I gazed in awe at how beautiful the Grand Hall was. The walls and ceiling were a pearl white with matching silk banners draped across the walls. On both left and right sides of the room stood three beautifully crafted pillars. Each pillar spaced evenly apart and correspond with it's opposite counterpart. The floor beneath us was a warm golden color and practically reflected all of our forms perfectly. About ten or so feet away from us was a blood red carpet on stairs that led up to who I presumed was the Queen. Her chair sat perfectly in front of the staircase, as if where she sat was the only high up platform. My gaze continued until they stopped on a familiar white uniform standing near the Queen. Oddly enough the Queen wore a black dress and black veil over her face, soon I felt a small hand on my back as I was gently pushed forward. Not wanting to fall and make a fool of myself I instantly walked forward. Looking in the direction of the arm I noticed (B/N) smiling sweetly at me. Not soon after the two males and their butlers followed our lead. I stopped a few inches just before I hit the first step of the stairs and bowed then stood back up and waited anxiously for the Queen to speak. The butler in white leaned down as if the Queen was whispering something to him, soon he sat up and spoke.

"The Queen wishes to know how you made it here and not her Summer estate, though she's not fully upset given that you are foreign to this country." The male expressed little to no emotion after speaking. I gulped and nervously responded back,

"There was a carriage mix up, I promise no more will happen," I started. My gaze shifting to (B/N) briefly before continuing "If I may, I was informed that I would be staying with one of your enforcers. Did the plans change or was I misinformed- not that I'm questioning your plans!" I rushed the last part. I looked down nervously at the floor and awaited her response. I could faintly hear Earl Trancy snickering at my nervous self while we waited. I glanced up after a few moment's to see the butler in white listening to the Queen's soft words. He stood up after what seemed like an eternity and responded,

"There was a change of plans, we assumed you got the letter but seeing where we are it appears not. Nonetheless the Queen will stick with the first plan and assign you to my Lady's Guard Dog-" he was cut off by an sudden outburst from Earl Trancy.

"Are you serious? Forgive me my Queen but Phantomhive has unusual servants in his estate! Besides he's already spoken for, surely his dear wife would find it strange that a foreign woman is in his home?" My eyes widened at his words, before I could say anything the butler responded.

"Who are you to question the Queen's orders?!" He yelled clearly angered by the blonde male. I once more try to speak up but another voice beats me to it.

"I wouldn't speak that way Trancy, my servants are more than capable of handling a mere guest. Besides, I think Elizabeth would enjoy having a female companion around that doesn't work for me. But now I'm curious as to what would happen between two unmarried people staying in the same residents. If anything her staying under my watch would be a positive." Earl Phantomhive retaliated. I sigh in frustration as the two continued to argue not too far behind me. (B/N) places a hand on my left shoulder comfortingly as we waited for the final verdict from the Queen.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! I'll be updating my other books soon! Love you all my lil biscuits!!!!!!!

Bai~~~