࿐ 0.7

"𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙮
𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙨𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙
𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥
𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤
𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮."
———————━━━
2:52-3:10

🌧"IN MY memory, your traces spread; as if the rain has soaked them up

🌧
"IN MY memory, your traces spread; as if the rain has soaked them up." yujin places a flower onto the stone in front of her. she takes a step back and stands next to jaehyun, whose head is hung low. the sound of rain surrounds them and is the only source of sound, as they both stand next to each other in silence.

yujin looks over at jaehyun who refuses to say a word. his fringe is blocking his eyes, and his profile view is almost unseen. yujin looks down at their hands that are brushing against one another every few seconds or so.

she takes in a breath before slowly moving her hand over so that it was below jaehyun's, before turning it around and sliding her fingers in between his and closing them around his hand.

jaehyun doesn't respond for awhile. yujin gulps, did he not feel anything? did he not want to hold her hand? oh god, this is a mistake, yujin thinks to herself. she's about to pull her hand away in complete embarrassment, when jaehyun slowly closes his fingers around their connected hands.

yujin feels a grin creep up her lips and she tries to hide a girly giggle from escaping. jaehyun tightens his grip on yujin's hand as he body slowly shakes with soft cries. yujin slowly squeezes his hand, singing softly to herself, "i lose track of where to go, in your tears of frozen reality."

"i've really lost it all this time, huh," jaehyun chuckles in between a sob. "my brother... he didn't even try to come. till the end, i'm the only who cared about mom."

yujin returns the squeeze, "it's okay. your mother really appreciated you, jaehyun."

jaehyun suddenly lets go of their hands, before turning around and embracing yujin tightly. he pulls her close to his chest and rests his head on hers. "yujin, you never knew how much i needed to hear those words from somebody, anybody."

yujin hugs him back and smiles. "you know... when my dad left us, i thought my mother would be the one who would take care of us. it happened for awhile, but i never knew the tables could turn so much so that i would take care of her... at the expense of everything else i had.

"but my dad told me this on the day he left us. he said, 'if you really loved someone, you won't make them wait for you up there.' and now that mom's joined him, too..." jaehyun lets out a small sob, and yujin rubs his back reassuringly. "...i'm just happy that they're together, finally. they really love each other so much."

yujin smiles at jaehyun's pure heart. he really had one of gold, he never wished no less than the best for those he loved — even his mother. the reason for him to be deprived of a proper life as an adolescent, but jaehyun still loved her to bits.

jaehyun pulls away from the hug and looks yujin in the eye. "thank you for making my mother's last few minutes her best, yujin." he says, and yujin smiles. jaehyun returns it, and cups yujin's face with his hand.

he slowly leans in and their noses touch, their eyes never closing or averting their gazes. "you have the prettiest eyes, yujin," jaehyun says before closing his and gently pressing his lips against yujin's. yujin smiles against the kiss wraps her hands around jaehyun's neck. jaehyun moves his other hand to yujin's waist and pulls her in closer, deepening the kiss.

and against the chilling cold, they felt warm. yujin pulls away and opens her eyes, jaehyun doing the same, their warm breaths tickling each others' lips. "jaehyun, i just wanted to say, thank you," yujin whispers and jaehyun raises an eyebrow. "for what?"

yujin shrugs. "i don't know, everything, i guess. and i wish this moment could last forever, but i guess good things don't last forever." jaehyun's face falls, and his hand moves away from yujin's waist. yujin grabs it and swirls it around her waist again. their bodies are very, very, close to each others'.

"but for now, i think we should relish this moment, because i won't be forgetting this moment for a very long time." yujin pulls jaehyun by the neck into a kiss again and jaehyun chuckles in between their lips.

but in his head, yujin's words ring.

good things really don't last forever, don't they?

🌧
i'm going to update till the end of the book today!