| seven |

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀SEVEN; OBSERVATIONS

9:58 AM

Mr. Pinkerton took his place by the door once again, a stoney look upon his face. Hunter was thanking his lucky stars for being put in this class. It wasn't really fair for anyone else in the school, but he was still thankful.

Hunter and Lee had somehow became more attached to each other, clinging to one another. They held on as if someone were there to break them apart.

Lee was doing a pretty good job of keeping Hunter calm. Even though most people in the room thought the danger was over, Lee wasn't exactly sure.

"I really wish I took that self defence class last year." Lee whispered, trying to ease some of the tension.

Only Hunter could hear her and only Hunter could let out a noise. It was a tiny laugh, more along the lines of being so terrified that's all he could do.

A phone began filling up the silence.

Lee frowned and creased her eyebrows. Of all the stupid things someone could do. Why didn't they all just make as much noise as possible so that more shooters would come after them? This is why Lee hated people.

As she looked around she saw Alex frantically shutting his phone off.

"Dumbass." Lee hissed.

Mr. Pinkerton's lips fell downwards as he watched the interaction. Everyone was starting to lose it, and it was only a matter of time before someone snapped. He couldn't have that. In fact every child in this room would make it out alive, he was sure of that. With a wife and two children of his own at home, Mr. Pinkerton knew how important it was to fight. He couldn't describe how he would feel if his own children were in a situation like this.

It was a wonder that no police had shown up yet. As this whole ordeal had been going on not a single sign of law enforcement had been seen. Sure a couple kids in the room had called in, but were assured they had everything under control. Mr. Pinkerton wanted to call again to make them understand what a crucial situation this was, but he didn't want to freak out his students anymore.

In the back corner Kai had begun to mutter things to himself. He had even resulted in rocking himself back and forth at a rapid pace.

"We are going to die. We are going to die. We are going to die." Kai's voice got higher with each syllable, his head swinging around rapidly.

Mr. Pinkerton looked to Lee and nodded over to Kai. Without a word the girl moved over to Kai.

"Hey, it will be alright, calm down." Lee spoke softly to the cowering boy in the corner.

"We are going to die." Kai sobbed as he buried his head into Lees shoulder and began to weep and he continually chanted.

This made the others very uncomfortable. How was Kai Rogers was crying like a little baby? They asked themselves this again and again until their minds wandered to life outside this dark terror, but not too long before being reminded how truly scared they were.

Mr. Pinkerton's frown was now so deep that it looked like it was about to fall fraught from his face. He wasn't concerned about he looked, he was more focused on Kai. This meant that people were starting to lose it, and that meant that all hell was about to break lose.

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

- Lao-tze