| eleven |

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ELEVEN; WAITING

10:23 AM

Lee didn't get far. She only sat a few metres away from room 201. The gun, it's make she knew not, rested between her two shaking hands.

Her whole body was alive with adrenaline. It was the only thing keeping her going, like a fire was roaring through her veins.

Even from outside the door, Lee could still hear crying.

It was so cruel what had happened here today. Lee was sure many people had died somewhere else in the school. The thought that people would be twisted enough to go and shoot up a school, or any place for that matter. It only meant that the shooters were weak. Lee hated weak people. Mr. Pinkerton was strong, brave, and kind. So why did he have to die?

Voices shouting distantly awakened Lee's senses once again. She squeezed her eyes tightly as she tried not to cry. Had they not been through enough already?

Lee's arms stretched in front of her with the gun pointed at the entrance to the hall. An ache in her stomach made it hard for her to keep her limbs from shaking.

"Clear!"

The shouts were now close enough to be distinguished, and that scared Lee even more.

"Clear!"

Lee was now sure that they were just around the corner. She jumped into a standing position and prepared herself for the worst.

"Stay back, I've got a gun!" Lee screeched. Her throat was now raw with a burning sensation.

When Lee saw black clothing round the corner her heart dropped, she had no clue on how to shoot a gun.

It wasn't until she actually took a look at the four men did she lower her gun. In bold white letters across their vests sit read SWAT.

"Please, I've got someone injured in here." Lee frantically ran to the door and waved the men over. She put all her weight into pushing open the door far enough so the small team could get in. The make-shift blockade still made it difficult.

One of the men took the gun from Lee cautiously the they followed Lee in and did a quick sweep of the room.

"Clear!"

The bodies in the corner were inspected by the men.

"Who are these people?" One with a moustache asked. His voice was a lot deeper than Lee expected.

"Two of the shooters came in and tried to escape out the window." Lee explained as she pointed to the two of them.

"And then our teacher took them down, but then a third came in later and took us all by surprise. He shot Mr. Pinkerton." Lee couldn't bare to look at the bodies anymore and had to look away.

Moustache man was quiet for a second as he looked over the bodies some more.

"How is the third shooter dead then?"

Lee stiffened up and cautiously turned her head so her eyes met the man. She took a deep breath and swallowed.

"I killed him."

Moustache man nodded, almost in approvement and Lee couldn't help but feel disgusted. She had killed a man.

"How many people died?" Lee whispered. She didn't really want to know.

"An estimated 350."

Lee let out a sob. There were only an average of 900 students in the whole school. So many lives lost.

Another member of the SWAT team has just turned on the light to start the process of bringing the students outside to be checked by people in the medical field.

The room looked even more gruesome in the light. Blood was everywhere in the room. Even trails to the bodies in the corner could be seen.

Bile rose in Lee's stomach. She turned around to a trash can and emptied all of her emotions. When she looked down in the trash she expected to see something normal but instead saw even more blood. She began coughing, hacking, and wheezing. Only more blood trickled from her mouth.

"Call a specialist up!" Someone shouted.

Every one was panicking. Lee couldn't breathe.

"There's no time!"

Then Lee felt herself being lifted up. The bumping sensation of someone running only made her stomach burn even fiercer.

"Fuck." Lee whimpered.

"Hold on, ki-"