Broken

I opened the door expecting to see my person, filled with guilt and anxiety the door creaked. The door was fully open when I looked up to see two people. Cedric and Viktor, Cedric's eyes were red and puffy and Viktor looked calm and forgiving. "Hermione?" Cedric said. "Yes, umm, I was looking for you" I said.

"What for?" He asked. "I just wanted to talk to you, alone" I said glancing at Viktor. "Yeah, I'll just go take a walk, I'll be back" Viktor said patting Cedric's back. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked. "Well, it was about our argument" I said.

"I wanted to apologize for accusing you of things that you didn't do. I shouldn't have assumed" I said sitting in a chair. "Hermione, you have nothing to be sorry for. And you're right you should be able to be friends with who ever you'd like. It's just I got so... jealous. Because I feel as though, I'm not good enough, and to make things worse you tour around this amazing athlete, who's amazing, passing his classes, winning quidditch cups, and is a great listener" he said.

"In other words, I'm sorry for everything" he said. "Im glad we cleared this up. Now if you don't mind me asking. What were you and Viktor doing in here?" I asked. "Just talking, that's all" he said rubbing his neck. "Then why did you seem upset" I asked. "It's embarrassing, I'd rather not say" he said.

"Why not? What happened, Cedric?" I asked standing up. "When I tell you this, I want you to listen and wait for me to finish. Promise?" He said. "You're scaring me, what happened!" I said. "Please let me explain what happened, I don't want any interruptions, I want you to know how it happened and why" he said holding my arms. I nodded, signaling for him to continue.

"Well, we had our argument and I felt very sorry for myself, so after you had made me leave I went to the lake. And I heard someone walking around, it was a Cho" he said. I looked blankly at him waiting for the result. "She had asked me why I looked so down, and I told her not to worry about it. But eventually she dragged it out of me, which left me in tears." He said shaking.

"Then, one thing lead to another and I was kissing her. But, you have to know, it was because I was sad and so her being there meant nothing. I didn't want to kiss her okay, I love you" He said hugging me. "And I can't wait to take you to the ball" he said laying his head on my shoulder.

I stayed there for a minute processing everything but eventually backed away from him. "What's wrong?" He asked. "What's wrong? What's wrong!?" I started. "What's wrong is the fact that you kissed another girl, BECAUSE YOU WERE SAD!! Do you not think I was sad! I was miserable. But you don't see me kissing Ron!" I yelled.

"Yes, and that's why Viktor was here, he was listening to me and trying to help me find a way to make it up to you" He said tears brimming in  his eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't right now, I'll get back to you about the ball" I said opening the door. "Hermione, I'm sorry" he said grabbing my wrist. I slowly took my hand back and closed the door. I walked through the woods, small tears dropping from my eyes.

I soon passed a tall, muscular  figure leaning against a tree. "How did it go?" Viktor asked. "Not good, I don't really feel like talking right now, but I'm sure he'll tell you everything" I said rolling my eyes. "Hey, he only told me because he was scared you might not like him anymore" he said grabbing my arm. "Well, I think he may be right" I said yanking my arm and running off.

The night was long, Ginny and Luna tried to speak to me but I just ignored them. People tried to cheer me up but nothing could. I think I was actually broken.