The Pool and The Cave

It was a cold night McCree shivered in his sleep, but woke to see Hanzo still turned away, but stared in shock when he saw that Hanzo's tail was gone. He sat up quick and tried to wake him up.

"H-Hanzo? Hanzo! Your tail!"

Hanzo woke and rubbed his eyes awake. He turned to look at McCree, but felt something wasn't right. He looked down and stared in shock. Teo strong pale legs were attached to him.

"Seven hells! I have two tails!"

McCree looked away and blushed. Hanzo was naked.

"Two legs. Ya have two legs Hanzo and you're naked."

Hanzo gasped and grabbed at his new legs. He blushed in embarrassment. McCree rook off his poncho and turned to cover Hanzo with it. Hanzo wrapped the poncho around his waist. He started breathing rapidly.

"Where has my tail gone?!"

McCree knelt down and moved Hanzo's hair away to reveal an ear. Hanzo reached his hand up to feel his new ears.

"Beats me Hanzo. You look good though."

"Shut up McCree."

Hanzo's labored breathing was making McCree nervous.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out."

"I told you you shouldn't have come! This is all your fault, Jesse!" Hanzo exclaimed in a panick.

"Calm down fishboy. You're not thinking strait. I need you to think about how this could've happened."

Hanzo slowed his breath and nodded.

"I-I remember an old merperson story about a mermaid who turned human when she was left to dry out on a beach."

Hanzo reached up and felt that his hair was dry. He pulled it through a tie on his wrist into a bun. He reached his hand out to McCree and put it to his shoulder.

"You're not gonna try and get up are ya?" McCree asked.

"The mermaid turned back into a mermaid when she went into the water. I'm going to try and do the same."

"You've never walked before."

"I'm going to try."

McCree backed up and crossed his arms trying not to laugh at the struggling Hanzo. Hanzo tried to move his legs back to stand, but it was no use. His legs felt weak. He grumbled at McCree who was watching him suffer in this state.

"This isn't funny! Won't you help me up?"

McCree chuckled a bit before putting his hand under Hanzo's shoulder and his arm over his own shoulder, and lifting him off the ground. Hanzo tried to move his new feet into a standing position. His shaky legs just barely held his body up.

"Get me to the water."

Hanzo took a shaky step foreward and fell to his knees. He groaned a bit in pain as McCree tried to help him up. He got him to stand again.

"How do humans live like this?"

"It's not that hard Hanzo. You just gotta lock your knees."

"What are knees?"

McCree sighed, disappointed in himself.

"Do it like you would if you were straightening your tail to spread out."

Hanzo groaning looked down and moved his legs.

"Like this?"

Hanzo locked his knees.