Something Spills

"He's not what you think, Lucas."

"Well have you tried spilling water on him?"

"What will that do?"

"When mermaids are exposed to water, their tail grows. I read it in a book."

"Well, Hanzo did fall into the water the other day."

"Did you see him?"

"No, we couldn't find him. Jesse eventually dove into the water and found him, but he wouldn't let me see Hanzo until this morning."

"Jesse McCree.  Don't trust him. I think he's keeping Hanzo's secret."

"You still don't have proof that Hanzo is even a mermaid. You are still being held in an asylum."

"Not for long. Spill water on Hanzo, then we'll talk."

Jacob hung up.

——————————

"Are you gonna come down today?"

"Sure. I'd like to visit Genji while we are down there."

"Ok, let's go."

McCree and Hanzo walked down to the doc. Hanzo imediateley went to the motel by the doc house and knocked on a door. It opened to reveal Angela. She was surprised ro see Hanzo.
"How is Genji?"
She stared at him suspiciously.
"He's asleep. Come back later." The door slammed hard.
Hanzo looked down and sighed. McCree caught up and placed a hand on his back.
"I'm sure she'll come around Han. C'mon let's go get drinks."
They walked into the doc house to see Jacob at the bar. He stared cheerfully at them. He grabbed his drink and came off the bar stool.
"There they are! My two best fishermen!"
Jacob was strangely focused on Hanzo. Jesse stared at him suspiciously.
"Heeey Jacob what's up?"
"Nothing I was just....whoops!"
Jacob's drink fumbled out of his hand. The liquid splashed all over Hanzo. McCree and Hanzo both stared in shock at one another.
"Ah, I'm sorry Hanzo. I'm all thumbs."
Jacob reached to the floor to grab his cup, but when he looked back up. Hanzo was already out the door. He ran out of sight from anyone and dove quickly into the water.
"Oh, where did he go?" Jacob asked.
McCree still in shock took raspy breaths.
"Ah, Hanzo is fine. He's...just...allergic to the wheat in that beer, yeah that's it. It makes him break out in hives. Lucky for him the best doctor on the planet is in town. I'm sure she can help him. That's probably where he went." Jesse explained.
Jacob stared eagerly out the door.
"Are you sure we shouldn't go check on him? He seemed to be in quite the rush."
"He'll be fine Jacob. I'll see ya later."
McCree tipped his hat and quickly made his way out the door. He started running down the beach. McCree couldn't see anything until he turned the corner of a rock to find Hanzo with his tail out soaking wet. He sat on the beach with his stern face in his arms. McCree ran up to him and looked around to make sure no one was following him.
"You ok?"
Hanzo stared out into the water intently. It took a minute for him to respond.
"Did you tell him, McCree?"
McCree eyed him in confusion. He knelt down.
"What are you goin on about now Han?"
"Did you tell Jacob about me. About what I am?"
McCree stared in shock.
"Hanzo, I told you you can trust me. Why would I ever do something like that to you?"
"You saw what just happend, Jesse!" Hanzo said pointing towards the doc. His voice was shaky. "Jacob intentionally spilled his drink on me. Who else would have told him to do something like that?! Who else could have known how to expose me?!"
McCree could see tears filling up in Hanzo's eyes. He could see where he was coming from. McCree thoughtfully looked down. His eyes went wide. He stared at Hanzo.
"It was Lucas."
Hanzo stared at Jesse.
"What are you talking about? Lucas is gone."
"What if he was somehow able to convince Jacob that mermaids are real?"
"Are you implying that Lucas is behind all of this."
McCree nodded. Hanzo stared in shock. He burried his face back in his arms and groaned loudly.
"What is it Hanz?"
"I fear that I may have to leave this place. For your safety Jesse."
"Not gonna happen. We're gonna stop this. I swear it."
"You cannot promise such things."
"You have my word darling. I'll set things right. It starts with asking Jacob a few questions. We are gonna have a heart to heart. I need you to get Dr. Ziegler and Genji to my house. Wait for me there. I'll come get ya."
"Jesse, wait. What are you planning on doing?"
McCree peered over his shoulder at Hanzo.
"Don't you worry about it. This will all be over soon."