Sheriff Nathan Abner

🏮Hey readers! I'm glad you all like this book! The last chapter turned out to be pretty dramatic and I guess I didn't relize how much you all liked my OC Jacob. He did turn out to be a pretty involved character, but I didn't think he would get much attention. Anyways I hope this book is still enjoyable and that you'll keep on reading to the end! Thanyou!~Maddy🏮

McCree and Angela watched the two mermen brothers dance along the water together. They dangled their feet over the doc into the water. The pond was especially beautiful today. Angela sighed everytime Genji winced in pain as he swam. It hurt him more to swim than to walk. McCree took her hand. She wiped her face and looked up at him.
"You're his healer Dr." He said smiling.
Her frown turned and she smiled across the water. Genji splashed Hanzo and swam away. They chased eachother around the pond, giggling and teasing. They both swam to shore.
McCree and Angela helped to dry them off. Genji and Angela went back to the motel. Hanzo and McCree both sat on the porch together and took in the twilight scene.
"Jesse, I was wondering. What compelled you to kill Jacob? Couldn't you have just talked to him?"
"I told Jacob not to go stickin his nose into things that don't concern him. He said he couldn't just drop it. Jacob was obsessed with finding you. He wanted to sell you like I feared. I was not going to let that happen."
"But killing him? I thought he was your friend?"
McCree chuckled.
"In my old line of work I never had friends."
Hanzo stared at him curiously.
"What do you mean?"
"The truth is Han, that I used to be a Pirate. Kind of. I was more of an errand boy for a Pirate crew. I made most of their deals and fished for everyones food. I would steal food if I needed to."
Hanzo stared in shock. He leaned into McCree seeming intrigued.
"You were a pirate. Tell me more."
"One day they finally turned me into a pirate, but the first mission I got turned into a disaster. It was inhuman the way these pirates treated people. I tried to stop them, but they cLled me a traitor. I tried to disband the group. Ended up killing 3 of the pirates and escaping. I retired here and haven't had to kill anyone until now."
"Woah. Jesse I'm sorry. I had no idea."
"Nothin to worry about darling. Hopefully this all dies down soon."
McCree's phone started to ring. It was an unknown number.
"This is McCree."
"Jesse McCree. My name is Lane Davis. I own the doc house that tou work at. Your boss Jacob Smith has been reported missing this morning."
McCree stood up.
"His house has been checked?"
"Yes the sherriff checked his home this morning. The sherriff found his phone at the bar this morning and you were the last person he called. The sherriff wanted you to come down so he could ask a few questions."
McCree swallowed hard.
"I'll be down in a bit."
He hung up and stared down at Hanzo.
"Is something wrong?"
"The sherriff has reported Jacob missing. His phone was found at the bar and I was the last one he called. They want me to come down for questioning."
Hanzo stood.
"I'm coming with you."
"I suppose I can't stop you."
"You cannot."
"Fine. Let's go."

Jesse greeted the sheriff like they were friends.
"Hanzo, this is Sheriff Nathan Abner." McCree turned to the sheriff. "Nate this is Hanzo Shimada."
Hanzo smiled warmly and shook the sheriff's hand. He was a tall man with no hair and a clean tan. He had a blonde beard and mustache.
"Do you know him Jesse?"
"Yeah, I met him when I was signing my papers to live down here. Nate kinda helped me out."
"Well, unfortunately I'm here on business today. Heard your boss went missing and I just wanted to ask a few questions. Just know Jesse, that I don't think you did anything. It's just protocol to ask questions."
McCree smiled.
"No problem at all Nathan. Let's go inside."
Hanzo waited nervously outside. McCree and Sheriff Abner sat at a table together.
"Now before we start I gotta ask you something Jesse. Who's that guy you were with, Hanzo? He doesn't really look like he's from here."
McCree chuckled and leaned back in his seat. He took his hat off and threw it to the table.
"Let's just say he's my.....business associate."
Nathan looked at him curiously. He held up his hands and made a ring with two fingers. Then put his pointer finger through the ring. McCree tried hard to hold in his smirks. Nathan gasped.
"Good for you Jesse!"
"Coulda just interrogate me now?" McCree said chuckling.
"Yes, I'll start. What did you call Jacob about the last time you spoke over the phone?"
"Oh, I was telling him that Hanzo was home safe. He had fallen into the waterca few days ago and I found him and took him home to recover. Jacob called and asked if he was ok."
"Did you see Jacob after that?"
"Yeah, he stopped by the next mourning."
"When was the last time you saw him?"
McCree paused. He kept his composure.
"Hanzo and I came down here yesterday to get a few things. Jacob was sitting at the bar. That was the last time."
"Did he talk to you at all yesterday?"
"Yeah, I mean he was just greeting us, but then his drink spilled on Hanzo. Hanzo went home to change, I followed him back. That was all. I never saw or spoke to Jacob after that."
"Alright. That's all I needed. You're free to go Jesse."

Hanzo had bitten nearly all of his nails. Then the door swung open. McCree stepped out and Nathan was behind him.
"Hey, we should get drinks sometime."
"Yeah Nate, don't be a stranger!"
McCree waved to Nathan and watched him walk away. He came over to Hanzo who had a face of relief. McCree smiled.
"Let's go home, Han."