The Truth

“Jacob it’s Jesse. I wanted to let you know that I found Hanzo. He’s safe and unharmed, but was very cold when I pulled him out of the water, so I brought him back home. He’s asleep right now, but you can come in tomorrow to check up on him.”
“Thank god Jesse! I thought we lost you guys. I’ll visit tomorrow and I’ll let everyone know you guys are alright. Be safe.”
“I will, and thanks.”

There was a knock at the door. McCree rushed over. He quickly opened the door to reveal a short woman with blonde hair in a medical outfit. She was holding a glowing staff and a small case. The halo above her head was glowing bright yellow and so were the wings on the back of her outfit. She smiled sweetly and held out her small hand.
“You must be Jesse McCree. We spoke over the phone.”
“Yeah, nice to meet ya.”
“Where is Genji?”
“Right inside. Come in.”
Angela let her eyes adjust to the room to see Genji resting on the couch and Hanzo arms crossed against the back wall. He stood from his position surprised and stared shocked at Angela. She stared back with the same expression, but it slowly grew fowl. She cleared her throat and stood tall staring at Hanzo sourly.
“Mr. Shimada?”
Hanzo scratched the back of his head and spoke softly.
“Dr. Zeigler I presume?”
“Hm.”
Angela immediately knelt to see Genji’s leg. He was shaken awake and stared in shock.
“Dr?”
“Quiet.” She sighed. “What have you done to him this time, Hanzo?”
Hanzo gasped.
“I have done nothing. Lucas has shot him.”
“Hm, surprising knowing what you’ve done in the past.” Angela said sarcastically.
McCree crossed his arms and tilted his head in curiosity. Hanzo shook his head and walked away. McCree watched him exit the room. Angela opened her case.
“Your legs are weak Genji.”
“I’ve never had legs before.”
“Well, you’re going to have to learn.”
Genji stared at her.
“Why?”
“Once I stitch this up you will not be able to use your tail until it is healed. The stitch might disappear if you turn into a merman.”
Genji’s breath became rapid and raspy. It got faster and faster. He quickly reached behind his head and tore his face shield off. Angela tried to calm him down.
“There is nothing I can do Genji. You will have to walk. I’m sorry.”
Genji squeezed his eyes shut and gritted his teeth. Before he bursted into tears he put his face shield back on. Small whimpers came from his mask. Angela stared at him somberly and wrapped her arms around him. McCree walked outside to see Hanzo sitting on the doc. His legs dangled off the edge and he leaned back on one arm while the other brought a bottle of vodka to his lips. McCree walked out. His steps made creaks along the floor of the doc. They got faster and closer to Hanzo. Before Hanzo could take another sip, McCree snached the bottle from his hand. Hanzo looked up in bewilderment while McCree stared angrily at him. He sat down next to Hanzo.
“Alright, what the hell is this about, Hanz? You told me your brother was dead! And the Doctor. What does she have to do with all of this?”
Hanzo sighed and buried his head in his arms.
“Jesse, there is something that I have been withholding from you. Eight years ago back in Japan I was next in line to carry on the family legacy. Genji being only 4 years younger would be by my side, but the elders believed he was unfit for the job. I slowly came to realize this. The elders told me to kill him for the good of the clan. So, I did. Or I thought I did. It filled my heart with sorrow knowing I had killed my own brother, so I was put into exile. I was forced to guard that island called Doragon. I guess Dr. Zeigler found Genji and brought him back, but he’s become more machine than merman it seems. She has made his life pain.”
“Brother. I have forgiven you.”
McCree and Hanzo turned around shocked to see Angela helping Genji walk from behind them.
“Wh-what.” Hanzo said in shock.
“I have accepted what I am Hanzo, and I have forgiven you. Now you must forgive yourself. You cannot keep living as if you deserve punishment. Was I mad at you? Of course I was, but I have learned that anger and bitterness only leads to a life of sadness and pain. You must learn not to live that way.”
Hanzo’s face began to fill with tears.
“I tried to kill my only flesh and blood that I had left.”
“Your mind is telling you that you need to be angry. That you are a bad person, but you must let that voice go. It will only make you unhappy in your future.”
Hanzo stood and walked up to Genji. He put his hand out, but before he could touch him he quickly pulled his hand away.
“For eight years I thought you were dead.”
“Then we have a lot of catching up to do, Anija.” Genji said. “It will take time, and several drinks, but I intend to fix our relationship, Hanzo.”
“I’ll be here too Hanz, always.” McCree said touching his shoulder.
Hanzo turned and smiled up at McCree. He hugged him tightly as McCree pulled his hands through Hanzo’s hair. He pulled Hanzo in for a kiss, but was stopped by Genji who pulled Hanzo away. He whispered.
"What do you see in this human, brother? You know what they are capable of."
"Yes. I know just what they are capable of. Jesse saved my life. His personality intrigues me and if I must lose my tail to be with him then so be it."
Genji gasped at him. He was surprised to hear these words coming from Hanzo.
"You are not human Hanzo. The faster you learn that the better."
"I know I'm not. I intend to carry on the traits of a merman while still living a life on land."
Genji squeezed his face and itched his arms.
"You don't find being dry a bother?"
"You learn to get used to it."
Hanzo turned back to McCree and kissed him intimently. Hanzo gently sucking his bottom lip. Genji's face seemed disgusted. Angela noticed his foul expression.
"Is something wrong, Genji?"
"It's nothing. I just cannot stand to see my brother with a human. It is unatural."
Angela grew red with blush. Her hand went to Genji's cheek and his attention was turned to her.
"I don't see a problem with a merman liking a human." Angela implied.
Genji turned his attention back to McCree and Hanzo.
"Humans are evil creatures."
Angela gasped at Genji. She had taken that comment very personal. Her face screwed up in hate and she let go of Genji letting his fleshy tail-less body fall to the doc floor. He grunted in pain and looked up to see her fowl expression staring rigjt through him. He stared in shock relizing what he had just said. He waved his hands in front of him.
"Wait! I didn't mean it like that Angela, I just-"
"Shut up fish boy! You're so ungrateful!"
Angela turned and walked back into the house.
"Angela I'm sorry I-"
Genji sighed. Hanzo and McCree walked over and watched as Angela stormed back into the house. Jesse sighed.
"What's wrong with her?" McCree asked.
"I said something I wish I could now take back, Jesse McCree. I am a fool."
"Don't beat yourself up Genji. You'll work it out. I can tell you have a thing for Angela. You should talk to her."
Hanzo and McCree helped Genji walk to the door.
"Before that we should get you properly dressed, brother."
They walked Genji to McCree's room and put him in proper clothes.