Prologue

She was running through the forest, low branches from trees slap against her skin and leave small cuts on her arms as she bolts. Her breath was ragged as she carried her five year old child through the forest, she was trying to think of a hiding spot to hide her daughter, and quickly. Some place safe where she wouldn't be harmed. She searched through the trees as she ran, finally seeing an opening in a tree that's big enough to hold her child and with the exposed roots it's perfect for hiding her.

She makes a quick dash towards the tree, trying to hurry as the sounds of footsteps and shouts of the hunters grow closer. She places her daughter far into the tree roots, to where she is well hidden, then removes her necklace. Her sad eyes look into her daughter's as she hands her the necklace, "Stay here and don't make a sound," She whispers.

The child nods, the mother chokes back her tears as she kisses her daughter's head, then turns to run to lead the hunters away from the tree. The child wanted to go after her mother, but she listened for the fear of being hunted. Instead, she places her mother's necklace around her neck and holds onto it tightly.

The mother runs quickly, much quicker than she was carrying her child, dodging the arrows shot at her along her way. The footsteps are right behind her, closing in and she couldn't help but begin to panic. She just barely made it out of the territory when an arrow shot her in the calf of her left leg, she falls with a scream of pain as she holds her leg. Footsteps close in on her, someone kicks her over to where she is on her back and a boot is on her throat putting pressure to pin her down but to also make it to where she can still talk.

The hunter growls, leaning down to stare her in the face. His breath smelt of heavy cigarette smoke and the five o'clock shadow beard on his face was greying with age. His blue eyes pierce into her, "Where is the child," He demands to know, his foot pressing down harder on her neck and causing the mother to choke as she snarls.

"I'll never tell you where she is," She laughs as he growls, "A scum like yourself will parish by her hands."

A pained cry escaped her lips as he removes the wooden stake from behind his back, stabbing her in the chest right into the heart. Her eyes water slightly as she thought about her daughter her last few seconds of life. Until she breathed her last. Her last prayer is that they never find her daughter, and that she is safe now.....

Thank you for helping me bb 😘😘 yoongimomnim you're truly amazing creds to youuuuuuu 💞💞