The Golden Necklace.

It was past midnight, 00:25 to be exact. The girls sat in Sophie's bed, laughing their asses off  like they always did together. They wore their cute, matching pyjamas they had brought together at H&M, only difference was that Sophie's pyjamas was rose and Selena's was light blue. They were cuddled up in the bed, having a bowl of grapes and watermelon next to them. They laughed and listened to music like they usually did, feeling like nothing could ever break them apart.

"Do you remember?" Sophie smiled at her. 

Selena looked up at her in confusion, taking a bite from the sliced watermelon, "Hmm?"

"The first time we met.."

"You know I do. Fifth grade." She smiled and Sophie smiled back, eating some grapes, "Yeah, the first time we talked was after gym class." Selena nodded along.

She remember what kind of girl Sophie was back then. She was the typical outside girl, dressed differently from the norm and she didn't give a damn what people thought about her, that's what Selena loved about her. She was always so nice to everybody, even the people hating on her style of clothing and that's what Selena admired.

It had been the first day of fifth grade. Selena's school had closed due to economic issues, so she had to change school, thankfully she met Sophie there. It felt like fate since by then Sophie had considered changing to another school with her by then best friend but she didn't.

She remembered the day clearly when they met, they were changing from their gym clothes to their ordinary ones. She had given Sophie a polite smile,

"Hey, I just want to say that I really admire your style." Sophie's gaze landed on Selena's, smiling, "Thank you!"

"You're brave for not letting those people get to you." She folded her clothes and put it in her bag.

Sophie turned to Selena and smiled,  "Hey, wanna hangout today after school?"

And from there it took off, they hung out almost everyday. Their friendship were just the best, some even grew jealous of how close they became. Of course they had their ups and downs but that wouldn't stop them from becoming friends again. However, 7 years forward and they couldn't hangout as much anymore since they both had school to focus on, so they took the opportunity to sleep over on weekends instead and it worked well.

While Selena sang along to the music Sophie suddenly looked up from her phone and asked, "Soo, how's things going between you and Prince Charming?" She grinned.
Selena rolled her eyes at her playfully, "I really think it's true love. He's the sweetest." She sighed dreamily.
"And how are things going with his brother?" Sophie asked, blushing.
"Why do you always speak like that when Harry's the subject?" She suspiciously raised an eyebrow.
"Uhmm, like what?" Sophie blushed even more, looking down.

"Like you're completely obsessed with him." She smirked.

"Fine, okay! I might have a little-"

"A little!?" Selena laughed.

"Fine, a crush on him," She admit, "But come on, you have to admit that he's hot!"
She bit her lip, thinking about Harry. Selena grimaced, "Would definitely be inappropriate for me to think about that kind of stuff about my boyfriend's brother, Sophie." She said, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Sophie laughed, "Whatever, he's hot and it's a fact. You two go on classes together, right?-"

She nodded.

"Maybe, he'd ask me out if-" she smirked.

Selena only stared in confusion, "If what?"