8. Possessions and secrets revealed

"Did you find her?!" the five friends gather in the hallway, looking worried. This is not how they expected to spend their school day.

"No. What could be going on with her?" Anzu sighs, her eyes glazy. She can't believe Ren would do such a thing. She has been acting strange all day, but when the guys found her trying to strangle Yugi in the nurse's office.... What's going on with their friend?

"Let's split up one more time. She can't be far. We'll find her...and ask." Jounouchi urges, making them nod and each run off in a direction. Little do they know that once they turn their backs, Honda is caught off guard. The strange Egyptian man from the day before points his key towards Honda.

Yugi frowns heavily as he runs trough the school building. He is so worried for Ren. He doesn't understand why she did what she did, but there must be an explanation. She couldn't have turned violent like that over night.

He turns the corner and pauses when he spots a familiar figure passing by the other end of the hallway. "Ren!" He quickly chases after her, following her up all the way to the roof.

"Ren!" he shouts, his eyes widening as he sees the position she's in. She is precariously balanced on a wooden board sticking out from the roof, facing away from him. His eyes widen in fright. She is just inches away from falling to her death!

He rushes towards her, only to stop in his tracks when a familiar face steps in between them. "Shadi?" It's the man he met yesterday. What is he doing here?

"By making you angry, I was hoping to summon the other you, but it doesn't seem to have worked." Shadi speaks up, confusing Yugi. "What is the meaning of this?" he questions. Why is he stopping him from getting to Ren?

"To get to the other Yugi, I'll have to go about this the other way now. Listen to me Yugi, that girl is fully under my control right now and will listen to all of my orders." he explains, making the boy gasp. Is that really true? He glances towards the stiff figure of his dear friend.

"Feel the anger, feel the hatred. When your emotions are in effect, the other Yugi must come!" Shadi urges.

And he does. Yugi's puzzle glows blindingly before revealing a boy strongly resembling Yugi, but his eyes are sharp and red and he has a few inches on Yugi. But the greatest change his posture of confidence.

"Shadi." the boy hisses in anger. "How dare you use Ren in a game!"

"I had to use any path to settle the score with you. Yugi, if you lose this game, you will lose the girl." Shadi reveals, making the other Yugi grit his teeth. "Set the rules already!"

"Don't be afraid Yugi." he warns. "What?" "Inside, somewhere, you are afraid of the strength you possess. Look there!" Shadi motions towards the fence where four statues are bound to the rope holding up the board that Ren is standing on. Another is holding up the Millennium Key that the other Yugi has already become acquainted with the day before. One shatters.

"Ren!" the other Yugi shouts as the board dips slightly.

"The game has already begun. If the last three break, the girl will be lost. But you also have a way to win. On the rope is also the Millennium Key and connected to that is a representing sculpture of my soul..."

"I see... If I destroy your sculpture before I lose mine..." the other Yugi starts in realization. "Then the key will slide towards the girl, touch her and break my hold on her. Do you see now, the one who has seen their weakness of the soul will lose the game." Shadi finishes for him.

"So this is a game to find each other's weakness?" the other Yugi muses. "Yes, let's begin." Shadi states, ready for the first round.

Meanwhile, unknown to them, Ren, though locked up in her mind has been hearing and seeing everything that is happening around her. She has been fighting against Shadi's hold since the night before and she feels exhausted from doing so.