11. Yo-yo gangster Jounouchi!

"Hey Yugi, are you okay?" Ren wonders. He has been out of it for a while. "Oh, y-yeah. I'm okay. Just slept badly. Some kind of nightmare about dolls." he excuses, making her perk a brow. "Dolls huh?"

"Oi! Ren, hand me back my yo-yo already!" Jounouchi calls impatiently, startling Ren. She quickly retracts the toy. "Sorry, it's been so long since I played with a yo-yo. I feel all nostalgic." she grins, handing it back to him.

"It looks fun! I want to try too!" Miho squeals excitedly, hopping from one foot to the other.

This triggers Honda who disapproves of the contraption, saying it's too dangerous. "What are you saying Miho-chan? If anything were to happen while you were playing with the yo-yo..." he starts dramatically. "Miho-chan, please don't use the yo-yo! It's dangerous!" he begs her.

"You're the dangerous one." Jounouchi states, rolling his eyes. "But..." Anzu interrupts. "Honda is partially right. Did you guys hear about that gang with yo-yo's? Not only do they take money, they also use yo-yo's to attack people. Many of our school's students have fallen victim."

"What? Is that true?" Jounouchi gasps. "A yo-yo isn't a tool to hurt people..." Yugi breathes worriedly. "Yugi is right." the blonde agrees. "Alright! I will properly punish those idiots!" Jounouchi calls resolutely.

Ren slaps the back of his head. "You are the idiot, still looking for fights. At least be careful." she scolds, making him grin in a silly way.

Ren squeals as he glomps her. "Awww. I didn't know you cared." he coos, rubbing his cheek against hers. "Of course I care!" she counters, blushing in embarrassment. "Nee-chan~." Jounouchi continues. "You're grossing me out!" she shouts in his ear.

...........

The next day, all of them except Jounouchi are walking the streets, going to Jounouchi's house. For some reason he didn't show up at school and nobody's heard of him either, worrying them.

They stop in front of a rather large apartment building. "If I recall, his is the first one on the third floor." Honda muses. He just told them earlier he's been there once before.

After reaching the right door, Honda knocks on it, "Excuse me!" he calls. No one answers. "Seems like no one is home." Anzu breathes in dismay before looking shocked when Miho decides to just open the door, "But it's not locked." she states innocently.

Although finding it rude, Ren and the others peek inside, curious. They scream when a bottle suddenly comes hurtling at them, hitting the corner of the door before smashing to pieces.

"You shitty kid! Why have you been gone since yesterday?!" a voice from inside shouts drunkenly. Quickly slamming the door shut, the crew runs to safety.

"That was a surprise!" Yugi exclaims after gaining his breath. "Hey, was that...?" he wonders, turning to Honda. "Yeah, that was his dad. He's always been that way from what I've heard. That's the reason why he doesn't invite friends to his home." Honda explains.

Ren puts her hand to her mouth with a frown. She knows all about difficult fathers, but... poor Jounouchi. She worries even more now. His dad hasn't seen him since yesterday, so where did he go?

Yugi suggests searching around town for him and they quickly set off, looking around every place they know he likes to go to and into every street and alley. They are about to give up after two hours of searching when a strange noise catches their attention.

Looking around the corner, they spot some guy being beat up. "It's the yo-yo gang!" Ren exclaims in a whisper, spotting them holding the toy. Wait... didn't Jounouchi say he was going out to show them a lesson? Maybe they did something to him?!