16 Fortune telling psycho

"I'm all stiff." Jounouchi complains as the boys return to gym class after a break.

"What's wrong? You look terrible." Anzu wonders as the girls emerge out into the hallway as well.

Jounouchi scoffs. "It must be nice to be a girl, you get to play tennis. I have to do judo. Judo!" he exclaims.

"I don't know why you're complaining. I'd love to do judo for once." Ren tells him. "If only we could switch." she sighs, tired of the girls in this school being treated like their fragile dolls.

"Hehe. You can't compete with us guys." Jounouchi mocks, poking the girl. "With your skinny girl arms."

Ren's brow twitches. "Just watch me." she growls, about to show him what she's got when he darts off, distracted. She watches him rush towards Kokurano, skidding to a halt on his knees before the guy as he walks up to them, flanked by two of his lackeys.

"What do you have to tell me?!" Jounouchi asks, looking up at Kokurano hopefully, wanting to know more.

Kokurano looks away in thought before looking back at the teens before him. "I just had two visions. I came to tell you." he states.

"You!" he starts, pointing at Jounouchi. "Beware of light coming at you." he tells the blonde, surprising and confusing him before Kokurano turns his gaze upward.

"Asami-san. In places you don't know, there is a man watching over you." he says eerily, making Ren blink. She can't help that Yami's face springs to her mind. "If you want details, come to me." he ushers before Miho starts pulling on his cape, trying to see what's under there. And as Jounouchi starts to beg for more information, Ren takes the opportunity to slip away silently.

What he said disturbed her a little. Does he know about Yami somehow? What should she do?

...........

"Hey Jounouchi, are you alright? I heard what happened." Ren asks worriedly. Apparently one of the gym's lights fell nearly on top of him.

"Just some scrapes." he shrugs. "Man, that was really scary. It's as Kokurano had predicted it; A light did come at me."

Ren frowns. Could someone have such power? Now she finds herself uncertain about her previous opinion. Maybe, if someone like Yami exists, there could be more people with powers. Perhaps she should go see the guy. If he knows about Yami like she thinks he does, maybe he will have some answers for her. Maybe he can even tell her his name. Wouldn't it help Yami too since he can't remember it?

When she gets the chance she decides to go for it. What has she got to lose?

"Ren?" a timid voice calls, making her halt in her track through the hallway. She turns around to face Yugi. "Where are you going?" he asks curiously.

"Uh... I...Ehm. Well, to see Kokurano." she admits with a sigh. "It's only a small question that I have, nothing spectacular, but... well... I just want to check if he knows something." she quickly defends seeing as he looks skeptic.

"Is this about what he said? That a man is watching over you?" he questions, looking a little crestfallen.

Ren shakes her head hesitantly. "It's not exactly that, but... it's a bit hard to explain. Don't worry Yugi, I'll be right back." she assures him before resuming her search.

"Wait Ren!" Yugi calls, following after her.

Soon enough they reach the booth Kokurano set up. "Asami Ren, I knew you would come." Kokurano says, pulling a not from his cape that says just that.

Ren sighs. "If you really know so much, then tell me about this vision you had of me." she pushes, kicking herself that she is letting herself in with this guy as he motions for her hand. Her curiosity really made her sink to a new low.