0.2

"I have a venti-iced caramel coffee?"

"That's me," I mutter, another voice in tune with mine I look up from my phone across the room of the dimly lit Starbucks. A tall boy with wired glasses and dirty blonde hair meets my gaze and his facial expression changes immediately. He grins and motions for me to go ahead, I nod and smile, finding something intriguing about him. I walk towards the counter and pick up my coffee I'm about to take a drink when I notice 'Garrett' written on the side. Oops. That definitely wasn't my name, I approach the taller boy with the drink.

"I uh I think this one is actually yours." I hand the drink over. The tall boy who's name I knew now as Garrett pulls his headphones out of his ears.

"What?" His voice deep and gravely at first, he clears his throat, smiling awkwardly.

"This drink. It's not mine, it has your name on it. You're Garrett right?" He nods his head quickly.

"Oh! Yeah, that's me."

"A venti-iced caramel coffee for Andrew?" I roll my eyes, so now they decide to say our names.

"So, I'm guessing you're Andrew then?" I nod and take my drink from the barista.

"Have a great day!!" She chirps, smiling extra wide.

"You too." Is all I say, too concentrated on the boy in front of me.

"Well she was definitely into you, why didn't you flirt back? Girlfriend?" I find it weird at first how friendly he's being, but there was something about him that made me trust him. I shake my head, feeling myself grow a little more comfortable with him.

"No, no, I don't have a girlfriend."

"Oh?" His smile brightens a bit and he continues, "Why not?"

"I just don't really have the time, I'm new around here and looking for work actually."

"Oh really?" His left eyebrow arches a little.

"Well, what do you typically do? I might be able to help?"

"Oh no, that's okay, I don't want to impose... I actually have to go, I'm running late for an interview. It was nice to meet you, Garrett."

"Oh, well good luck!! It was nice to meet you too Andrew, and might I say you have fine taste in coffee." He winks, holding his drink up I can't help but laugh and roll my eyes, but I hold my drink up and smile back secretly hoping I'd see him around sometime.

***

"So, yeah I can do a bunch of things really, I can film, or edit or I can even help with creating content." I sigh, I knew this interview wasn't going well the manager at Buzzfeed did not seem impressed.

"That's great." Is all she says forcing a smile across her thin lips. "So, we'll call you?" I stand from my seat, holding out my hand, she shakes it curtly.

"Right," Is all I say, taking my folder from the table. I show myself out and get in my almost broken down car. I throw my folder into the floorboard of the passenger side frustration seeping out of me. "Why did I even bother moving out here?" I start the car, except it doesn't start. "Sweet. That's awesome." I get out of the car and slam the door as if that would fix it. I decide not even to bother with even looking at the engine, I'd never really paid attention when my dad would show me how to fix things, and here it was biting me in the ass. I call Triple A and wait for them to tow my now dead car. I order an uber once my car has been towed and wait until it arrives.

"Come out tonight?" - Gabbie H.

I roll my eyes, of course, she was texting me again. I don't even bother responding at first, but start to feel bad, I owed her an excuse at least... Right?

"Can't, interview fell through, car died, and I don't even have enough money to pay the tower."

And I'm actually sad it's not a lie, it seemed my life was going to shit right in front of me, and I contemplated just buying a plane ticket back home, but I couldn't do that, not with how I'd left things. My life was an actual mess.

"My treat?" - Gabbie H.

I find myself rolling my eyes again, and this time I do ignore her, figuring I'd respond whenever I remembered. The Uber pulls up and I hop in, giving him the address to my place, I was definitely ready for this day to be over and for me to be home.

But the day wouldn't end as soon as I would've liked. We arrive at my apartment and I pay the Uber, surprised I even had enough money for that. I enter the apartment and toss my keys on the table beside the door. I'm about to shower when I hear a knock on my door, frowning I cautiously looking through the shitty peephole which allowed me to only see half of a person's body. I sigh once I realize who it is, I open the door and there she stands.

"Andrewwww!" I fake a smile, her loud voice startling me a bit.

"Gabbie, hey. I wasn't expecting you?"

"I know, and I'm sorry, but did you get my text??"

"About?" She makes her way inside, and I stand at the door. Sure... You can come in. I shut the door and follow her into the living room.

"About it being my treat? I want to take you out! I know you've been having a rough couple of days, and I think you deserve to have some fun, don't you?"

"I'm kind of tired."

"Nonsense! Here, shower, change and we'll go to the bar! It'll be fun! I can introduce you to some new friends, it'll be great." She shoves me towards my room, stumbling over my feet I want to turn around and tell her to leave, but I don't.

"Fine," I mutter, trying not to sound too annoyed, she was offering to buy me alcohol, and honestly who could say no to that? I shut the door to my room and take off my clothes, turning the shower on and waiting for it to heat up. I had to get out of this damned apartment, but that would be hard to do without a job so here I stand, naked and cold, waiting for my shower to heat up.

It doesn't take long for me to get cleaned up and soon enough I'm following a very excited Gabbie out of my apartment. I lock the door behind me and pocket my keys, hoping I'd be able to have somewhat of a good time.

"Are you sure the interview was a complete bust?" We sit at the bar, a water in front of me and a vodka soda in front of Gabbie. It'd felt wrong having her pay for me, and I didn't want to give an impression that this was anything other than two friends hanging out.

"One hundred percent." I mess with the condensation on the outside of my glass, "Sorry I'm in such a mood." I feel the need to apologize, even though it'd been her idea to make me come. I'm beginning to think that this night is a complete bust when I see him. Garrett. My heart almost skips a beat? I shake my head at myself, not knowing exactly how to feel about what I was feeling. I stare at the boy from Starbucks, his glasses glinting in the dimly lit bar. I guess he feels me staring because he turns and looks directly at me. Garrett's eyes widen and he grins, giving me a small wave, he says something to the boy sitting next to him and gets up. Was he... He was making his way towards me and instantly my heart begins to race, my anxiety skyrocketing, by the time he makes it to me I'm not even sure I know how to speak properly.

"You just can't seem to stay away from me now can you?"