0.6

Thank God for Garrett Watts, I would live to see another day in LA, and it couldn't have come at a better time. Shane had so kindly agreed to give me a sort of down payment, how I'd landed that, I had no clue. Of course, I'd later come to find out that it was Garrett's idea. That sneaky little-

"I really can't thank you enough, man." I shake my head in awe smiling as we drive back to my place. I'd figured that I'd stayed long enough at Garrett's and couldn't impose much longer.

"I'm glad I could help..." He trails off and I can tell he's judging my living situation hardcore. I clear my throat and reach for my keys, they always managed to sink to the bottom of my pockets and my fingers wrestle with the thin fabric to grab hold of them. 

"Well, this is it, thanks again!" I grasp my keys and open the door, but Garrett reaches out, shaking his head slowly.

"You can't... You can't seriously live here..." He looks grimly at the surroundings of my apartment, looking absolutely horrified. I should be offended, but I knew where he was coming from, and I knew it was out of a place of nothing but kindness. I shrug my shoulders and open the door,

"It's what I can afford, trust me if I could afford better I'd be out of here in no time." 

"No, don't go."

"Garrett, I can't possibly stay with you any longer! I don't want to be a burden."

"Andrew," he places his hand on my chest, keeping me in his car. I look down at his hand, his fingers long and thin. "I am not letting you stay here, stay with me while you work for Shane and save your money, my apartment isn't too bad and working a couple of weeks with Shane can have you out of this place in no time!" I want to argue but I knew he was right, and I really didn't want to live there anymore. 

"I just can't possibly sta-"

"Hush! Andrew! I am not taking no for an answer! Go, go get some clothes and I'll wait here!" 

"Garrett." 

"Go!" I do as he says because, well, I knew I wouldn't win. I wasn't very persistent and I really did enjoy staying with him, so I guess it was a win-win situation. 

"As long as you're sure you don't mind..."

"It'd be my pleasure to get you out of that dump!"

"Hey..." 

"Oh don't even act like you're offended." I crack a smile and nod my head as I get out of the Prius.

"Maybe a couple of nights won't hurt, I'll be right back." He nods and I shut the door, jogging quickly to my apartment where I grab a few pairs of sweats and my collection of hoodies I'd treasured. I grabbed a bag, stuffing my shower stuff and toothbrush, toothpaste and razor inside. I make my way to the tiny dresser and basically empty it into the bag, I didn't bring much when I'd left home and I was actually thankful for that. I take one last look around the apartment, beyond thankful to Garrett for letting me stay at his, I really hated this place. I turn out the light and shut the door behind me and head back to Garrett.

"Ready?" He grins at me as I get in, tossing my bag in the backseat. 

"Thank you, again." 

"Stop thanking me! It's really not a big deal!" He flashes another grin and pulls out onto the street. We make our way back to Garretts, spending the ride in a comfortable silence. 

"I'm thinking pizza for dinner?" 

"Sounds good, I'll pay?" He shakes his head no.

"I couldn't."

"Garrett, you're literally letting me live here for free, I'll buy our dinner, it's the least that I can do." He bites his lip, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, I guess if you really want to." 

"It'd be my pleasure," I grin as he blushes, fiddling with the buttons on his shirt. 

"You order, I'm going to shower." Is all he says, and I can tell that he's nervous, but why? I shake it off and nod my head, pulling my phone out to order. 

"Do you want anything in particular?"

"I'm honestly good with whatever, just no anchovies, please."

"Really?? I was going to order extra anchovies." I try to keep my composure as his eyes grow wide and I can't help but laugh.

"Oh, oh, you're joking! Ha, ha! Very funny, Andrew." He cracks a smile, narrowing his eyes at me, he disappears to the bathroom muttering something about me having jokes. I chuckle to myself because, well, I did have jokes and lots of them.

 I hear the shower turn on and I take that as my cue to start ordering the pizza. I scroll through the options and pick two pizzas, I figured that'd be enough. But wait, did he expect me to order drinks too? I walk over to the fridge, the only drinks in there were alcoholic, of course. I laugh and shake my head, I decided to ask him before I placed the full order.

"Hey, Garrett?" I walk into the hallway, the bathroom door had swung open and I can see him showering, his eyes were closed as he rinsed the shampoo out of his hair. He doesn't open them, and I figure that he couldn't hear me, but I needed him to answer so I get closer to the bathroom, the steam pouring out of the shower, his shampoo smelt nice. I watch as he runs his hands through his hair, letting the water beat down on his face. He opens his eyes, surprised at first that I'm there, he smiles and turns the water off.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?"

"I uh, I was just wondering if you wanted me to order drinks too? Any soda you like?" 

"Oh, you know," He grabs a towel from the rack, bringing it in the shower with him and I watch as he wraps it around his waist, flicking his hair out of his face, "just whatever you want!" I can't help but stare at his collarbones, they protrude outwards just a bit and beads of water roll down his chest.  I know I'm staring, and I know that I need to stop, but it was just so hard, he looked so good, and I start to worry that me staying here was a bad idea. I couldn't possibly... I don't finish my thought, I nod my head.

"Got it," I mutter, backing out of the hallway. Was that... Was that a smirk I see? It definitely was, and I'm convinced he'd cut his shower short just to show off his body. I couldn't blame him, he really did look good. I turn around but he's disappeared into his room, so I shuffle myself back to the kitchen. I finally place the order and scroll through Twitter, yes, that had taken way too long.

"Do you want to watch a movie? I have tons." I look up from my phone, he'd settled for a simple white t-shirt and baggy gray sweatpants. 

"Sure," I try to keep my responses to a one-word max, not knowing if my stutter would be present tonight or not. He plops down on the couch and points to where his movies are,

"Why don't you pick, I've seen them all and I don't mind rewatching, they're all amazing in my book." He smiles as I walk over to the bookshelf filled with movies, I can feel his eyes on me and I  can't help but blush and chuckle nervously, I stare at the array of movies in front of me. I pick out a few, staring at the covers and reading the backs of them carefully. 

"You seriously haven't seen The Conjuring 2?" 

"Not really a scary movie fan, if I'm being completely honest."

"Oh, but it is so good, Andrew, we have to watch it!"

"Do we?" I scratch my head, really not wanting to, but the look on Garrett's face sealed my fate and he gets up from his spot, taking the movie out my hand. I curse myself for even pulling it out in the first place, trying to look like a hardass in front of him had really backfired. 

"It'll be great! You'll love it!"