0.4

His place is exactly what I'd pictured it'd be, and even drunk me knew we'd grow to be good friends.

"So yeah, here's a blanket and a pillow." He tosses a pillow on the futon and hands me a soft blanket. Was it bad for me to wish that I was more intoxicated than I was? So that he could take care of me? I shake my head at myself, nah, it was way too soon for that kind of shit.

"Do you not want this blanket? I have another one, it's Harry Potter and kind of my favorite though..." He trails off before continuing, "But, you can use it if you'd like!" He rushes off to what I'm guessing is his room and I follow him, completely ignoring the voice of reason in my head. The voice telling me not to do what I'd just done, so I wasn't surprised when Garrett pummeled right into me, knocking me on my ass.

"Ohp!" The taller boy cries out and instantly helps me to my feet, feeling embarrassed I start to giggle. "Andrew!" He laughs along with me, his strong hands on either side of my shoulders and suddenly I am very aware of where I am and who I'm with.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude—" He shakes his head, smiling still and his hands settle on my waist gently.

"If you weren't so drunk I'd kiss you." Suddenly I can't breathe, I let out a tiny gasp, and I assume that he hears it because he lets go of his grasp. I watch as the light in his eyes dim, but he smiles and helps me to the futon. "Let's get you in bed then," Is all he says, helping me lay down. He places a glass of water and sets a bottle of aspirin down beside it. "Here, you take this if you want, I don't want you to think I'm drugging you." I let out a giggle,

"Thank you, Garrett..." I pause before continuing, "And thank you for letting me stay here tonight, I really appreciate it. I haven't had the best luck with getting a job recently..." And I stop. I want so badly to tell him everything but we had only just met, and I decided that unraveling all of that on him was a bit much. I mean, here I was sleeping on his couch and this was only the first day we'd met, wow, great job Andrew.

"Of course, Andrew, anything I can do to help." I want so desperately for this conversation to continue, but my eyelids begin to feel heavy and soon I'm dozing off to sleep. I pretend not to notice Garrett's fingers trailing down my face, but it sends chills down my spine and I can't help but smile a little as he tucks me in.

***

I awake to, well, smoke, and a lot of it. I spring out of bed, instantly tripping over my shoes.

"Fuck," I mutter, scrambling to my feet I search wildly for a fire extinguisher and spot it in the corner of the room. I grab it quickly and aim it at the pan that's just begun to burst into flames.

"What on Earth is that beep—" I stare at a very shirtless, very naked Garrett, only a towel covered his waist and I wanted so badly for it to slip off.

"You..." I pant, staring at the water droplets rolling down his chest, if the apartment almost hadn't burnt down you can bet I'd be thinking about something else, but now was not the time. "You took a shower???"

"Oh, right, I was supposed to be cooking you breakfast..." He bites his lip, I look away instantly, please don't do that I want to shout. I was definitely feeling... things, luckily for me, almost dying was distracting certain parts of my body. "Oops!"

"Oops?" Still panting, I collapse on the ground, so much had just happened, and my headache was slowly creeping back in. My back against the cabinet door, I set the fire extinguisher down running my hands through my hair. What the fuck had I gotten myself into?

"Oh, Andrew I feel bad!" He whines, the towel moving lower and lower with every movement, as he walks towards the stove. Soon, he's right next to me, his towel just inches away from my face and I need to get up, like now. I scramble to my feet, adjusting my jeans from the night before accordingly. "Here I am, trying to be sweet and make my guest breakfast, and of course I forget what I'm doing and awww... It's completely burnt!!!" He holds a piece of something near my face, "Do you like burnt eggs by chance?" The smell alone was enough to make me puke, I dash to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet beside the sink. "Oh no!!" He whines, yet again, running to the bathroom. Was he really running with a fucking towel on? Who the fuck? I shake my head and flush before he can see my vomit. I wash my hands and rinse my mouth out quickly. "Are you okay?" I jump, not realizing that he'd been standing there the whole time.

"I.. uh... Sorry, I puked in your toilet." Is all I can stay, still focused on the fact that he was absolutely naked. "Can... can you put on something other than a towel?" He looks down, all of a sudden realizing that yes, he was just wearing a towel.

"Oh, right! Sorry, you had to see..." He motions to his body, "This." And he grimaces, suddenly looking upset. I realize I've hurt his feelings and instantly feel like shit,

"No! No, I didn't mean it like that... You have a great body— I uh, you look great!" He blushes and I just now realize what I've said.

"Do you want to get some breakfast, Andrew?" I follow him out of the bathroom and into his bedroom, he picks out a shirt from his closet and puts it on quickly, and I'm sad that I can no longer see his bare chest. I guess I'm staring because he shakes me gently, I rip my gaze away from his now clothed chest.

"Sorry, it's just this headache." It's not a total lie, I did have a headache.

"So you don't want to get breakfast?" I sigh knowing that I definitely did not have money for breakfast.

"I do... I just, I don't have my wallet on me," I lie again, "I think I lost it last night." I did have my wallet, and it was intact very empty. I feel bad lying, but I'd feel even worse if he had to pay for me.

"Oh, well it's my treat!" I shake my head no immediately.

"I can't let you do that... You've already been gracious enough to let me crash here, I couldn't possi—" He shakes his head, holding out a hand as if to say, 'shut up'.

"It's not a big deal! Plus, I want to make it up to you... for one burning your breakfast, and two almost killing you in the process. So, what do you say Andrew? You up for some brunch?" I can't help but laugh and nod my head.

"I mean... You did almost kill me."

"I didn't mean to!" He cries out, covering his face with his hands.

"You shouldn't cover your face, Garrett, I quite like looking at it."