11

Garrett

"I don't like labels."

"Huh?" I look over at Andrew as he drops his bag on the floor near the door, tossing his hat on the counter, he runs his hands through his hair.

"I went for a walk."

"Oh?" I saunter in from my bedroom, running a towel through my hair just before tossing it back into my bedroom. He's pacing and I'm worried, Andrew only paced when he was anxious, and well, actually, he was always anxious but this time it seemed serious. "Wait, did I offend?" I rack my brain, trying to think of anything I might have done or said to offend him. He shakes his head quickly, the pacing immediately stops.

"NO!!! I mean," He pauses, placing his hand on his forehead, I walk over to him, this was the most anxious I'd ever seen Andrew, and that was saying a lot. I place my hands firmly on his shoulders,

"Breathe," I watch as he lets out a shaky breath, nodding his head,

"I hate that I'm so anxious all the time," He mutters, looking down at his shoes. I lift his chin just a little so that his eyes meet mine.

"I hate that you feel anxious here, with me... Andrew, I want you to be comfortable here in my place, I don't want you feeling like this all the time, is there anything I can do?"

"It's not... It's not necessarily the place I'm in... I think it's you." I immediately let go of my grasp on him, holding my hands behind my back,

"Oh.." It stings, a lot but I smile through it nervously, "sorry."

"Gah, no, that's not..." He reaches for my hand, "you make me nervous, Garrett."

"Yeah, I know, you just said that... I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so... touchy." I run my hand through my hair, squeezing the back of my neck anxiously.

"No, no, Garrett," he laughs a little, and I can't tell where he's going with this, "I mean, I like that you're so touchy, it makes me feel... good."

"Oh?" I feel myself starting to smirk and Andrew rolls his eyes at me,

"Maybe... don't talk until I'm done? I'm having a hard time as it is right now, and your cute smirk isn't helping."

"Oh??" Had he just? He'd called me— I shut my mouth before he completely implodes, and let him finish.

"Where was I?"

"You went for a walk." I nudge and he nods quickly, his signature 'ah yes' nod that I'd grown to love.

"I went for a walk because well, I couldn't sleep, I was up all night thinking about what happened the other night, and to be honest, the couch is not comfortable— Not that I'm complaining, because I know you're letting me live here and all... The couch is incredible, ten out of ten recommend."

"Andrew."

"Right, right, the walk... I went for a walk this morning to clear my head and did some thinking, I like you, Garrett." Time stops for a second and I can't think at all, now I'm the one sputtering.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You're going to make me say it again?"

"Yes, yes, yes, and yes. You like me?? Really?? Me?" I point to myself, motioning up and down and Andrew looks confused.

"Um... yes? I don't... I don't understand, you seemed so forward a couple weeks ago, I thought... I thought you'd be happy?" I shake my head and then nod furiously up and down.

"No, yeah, um, yeah!! No, this is awesome for me, I just... Me?" Motioning up and down my body again, still not quite believing the red head standing in my kitchen, "Wait, but Shane told me that you were straight?"

"I panicked... Like I said before, I hate labels, and I've never been one to openly discuss my sexuality with anyone, because, well, I don't know what I am. Up until now, I thought I only liked girls, but then you came along and well..."

"So you're serious then..." I begin smiling, the realization of what Andrew was saying had finally begun to sink in.

"I mean yeah, you're sweet and funny, and so smart, you know so much about the weirdest things, but it's adorable, and you've been such an amazing friend to me... I couldn't help but start to crush a little... And that's what I meant when I said that you make me nervous." He's staring at the ground, and I'd give anything for him to look me in the eyes as he said all this, but he was saying it and that was enough.

"Are you sure?" He rolls his eyes, flinging his arms in the air, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Garrett, stop."

"Okay! Sorry!"

"So... Now what?" He exhales deeply and he's back to being nervous, "wow, I can't believe I actually told you." His eyes dart around the room and I grab his hand gently, his eyes land on me, finally.

"So," I smile, lacing our fingers together, taking just one step closer, so that our bodies are nearly touching, "so, I can do this then," I lean down just a tad and our lips meet, soft at first, but then he brings his hand up to my jaw, tracing a line down to my neck and I can see stars. His kiss was addicting and I bring him in closer, my hand at the small of his back, pressing him close to my body.

We can't breathe for a good five minutes, but it was so worth it. Andrews' hands had settled on my waist now, and we kiss softly, back and forth like a couple would on their first date. I cup his face gently, and I smile as he smiles, our lips still meeting, over and over again. Finally, I pull away, the lack of oxygen getting to me, and he pouts,

"I was really starting to like that..." I raise an eyebrow,

"No more nervous Andrew?" He laughs and points to my pants, seemingly growing tighter downstairs,

"I can make you do that, I have all the power," he smirks and my jaw drops.

"I'm sorry what??" It comes out shrill, and gay as hell, but I don't care. Confident Andrew was hot, and I'd learn to put up with this side of him if it meant more making out. He nods his head and begins to walk into the living room, but not before I spin him back around, I cup his face again, kissing him deeply, my thumbs just resting on either side of his throat, squeezing just so. His eyes widen for a minute and he gulps, and then he's pushing me against the cabinet. Holy hell, where had this Andrew been this whole time?

"You heard me," he whispers, sauntering off towards the living room, "so about this whole bed thing..."