0.5

A brief announcement before you read, hi, yes, this is an update! Sorry for taking so long, but life happened and this fic got put on pause for a bit! I have taken over, for the most part, Rachel has her health to think about as well as school, and school always comes first! She will still be giving me input, and I will definitely be going to her for ideas and bits and pieces! (Shes a literal queen, so why wouldn't I?) Thank you all for being patient, and here is the latest update! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it!

<3 Nic

The way he made me feel was an entirety in itself. I found myself blushing anytime he got near me, whether it be him brushing his arm against mine as we walked along the sidewalk or when he'd snatched my hat off of my head, exposing my God-awful hat hair. He's taller than me, so I'd have to stand on my tip-toes or even jump to get it back. He throws it on casually and I can't breathe, was that hat made for him? 

"How do I look?" He grins, squinting at me through his glasses, the sun shining brightly in his face. He holds up his hand to block it out, creating a slight shadow. I can't stop staring, falling even more silent than I had before I struggle to find the right words.

"Great, you look great, really, why don't you just keep it." I stumble over the compliment, feeling my cheeks heating up. I'd blame the sun if he asked. 

"Really? Aw, thanks, Andrew!" He takes it off after a bit and hands it back to me, running a hand through his own hair. I nod and take the hat from him, putting it back on quickly trying to hide that hat hair. 

"You need it more than I do," He jokes, winking at me, and I can't breathe again. 

Get it together, Andrew. 

I clear my throat, looking for something to say, something that would change the subject completely. 

"So you said you have a job for me?" He lights up, a smile falling upon his lips he nods his head quickly.

"Oh! Oh! Oh, yes! Yes, Andrew! I sure do have a job for you!" I can't help but laugh at how excited he's getting, like a dog that's just been told he was getting a treat. I find myself wanting to run my hands through his hair, but obviously, I don't. 

"Is that so?" 

"Yes! My ex, Shane Dawson, do you know him? Big on Youtube?" 

His ex was Shane Dawson? I can feel my eyes widen, and already I know I've bitten off more than I can chew, there was no way I was going to work with Shane Dawson, he was way to cool for me. 

"I-I, yes, well, yeah... I know. I know Shane Dawson. Well, no, I don't know him, know him, I know of him, as in conspiracy videos, as in ten MILLION subscribers, Shane Dawson." Garrett nods his head quickly again, and I can see that the coffee he'd consumed was definitely kicking in.

"Yes! That's the one!!" 

"You dated?" Why did that bother me?  I snap out of it before he can even notice, turning my attention back to the conversation.

"For a bit, yes! But it didn't work out and now we're the best of friends!" 

"Oh... Well, that's good?" 

"It's not weird."

"Okay?"

"Really! Anyways, you said you liked to film?" I nod my head, not really seeing where this was going, and I was still hung up on the fact that Garrett and Shane had dated. 

"Um, yeah, well, yes. I like to film."

"So I was talking to Shane the other day, and I remember him complaining that he wanted to film a video, but it required him to have a cameraman!"

"I don't know..." I shake my head, not wanting to get into anything that serious, and with Shane? I would not be good enough to work with him, like, ever. In my wildest dreams would I be able to work alongside Shane Dawson. The man was a Youtube legend. 

"Just meet him! Come on Andrew! It would be cool to have you be his cameraman because then we could hang out all the time! Shane's always asking me over to film dumb shit and then that way you get paid, Shane gets help, and I get to hang out with my friends! Everyone wins!" He had a point, and I did need a job, I needed a job so bad. 

"Well... I guess it couldn't hurt to meet him?" 

"So is that a yes??"

"It's a maybe." 

"I'll text him right now!" Garrett seems elated as he pulls his phone out, firing off a text immediately. 

"Thanks for this," I say quietly, only just now realizing that I might actually be able to make it out here in the industry. He's calmed down as he looks over at me, pocketing his cell phone.

"Of course, I know it's hard to start out, and LA is so big and it's tough to get in with this crowd but I really think that Shane is going to love you." 

"Well, thank you, I just can't believe that you two dated." 

"Yeah... We, well, we went on a few dates and eventually both decided that it was better for us to be friends, and we've been pretty close ever since! And then Shane met Ryland, his current boyfriend and the rest is history!" 

"And you?" 

"Hmm??" 

"Are you seeing anyone?" 

"Who, me??" I watch as he becomes flustered, his cheeks turning red and I almost feel bad, but he quickly catches himself. "No, nope, I'm not seeing anyone." 

"Oh." Why did I ask that? Where was I going with this? "Cool," I mutter. 

"Why do you ask?" He arches his eyebrow and I want to actually die.

"No reason! Just curious... So did Shane text back?" He stares at me for a bit and I can tell that he's thinking about something, but I had no idea what it could be. He just smiles and pulls his phone back out of his pocket. 

"He did."

"And?"

"He wants to meet!" 

"Really??" The reality was beginning to set in and I can feel my heart start to race, the thought of actually working with him would be too good to be true. 

"We can go back to my place and I can take you over there now if you want? If you don't have plans?"

"N-now?? Like, as in, right now?" 

"Yes! I told you, Shane needs all the help he can get, and you should see his ideas, man, they're amazing." 

"I mean, yeah sure, I don't have any plans." 

"Great! I'll let him know!" 

"Great!" 

We walk back to the apartment quickly, both of us were excited and it seemed as if Garrett was enjoying the thought of me working with Shane more than I was. I'd never seen anyone so excited to introduce me to their friend, but then again there was no one quite like Garrett. The walk back to his place was faster than the walk to brunch, and soon we're piling into his Civic, the windows had been rolled down and Garrett had selected a song for the journey to Shanes. It was as if I could feel my life changing as we drove, I hadn't even met Shane yet, but I had a feeling that things would work out. It couldn't have come at a better time either, I finally felt like I could breathe again. I wouldn't have to worry about finding a job, I could finally start paying off my debt, find a decent place to live and hopefully support myself for the time being. Meeting Garrett had become a blessing, and I knew that he would play a big part in my life, I'd only known him for two days and already things were looking up. 

"We're here!" We drive up the hill, and Garrett parks by the garage, turning off the car as I unbuckle my seatbelt. My nerves were beginning to set in and he could tell, he places his hand on my knee. Great, now I really couldn't breathe. 

"Don't be nervous, it'll be great! Shane is going to love you!" 

"God, I hope so."