͋ 17 ͋ 18th Birthday (BWWM)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

There were newly graduated senior high students everywhere. It was truly a party for the record books. Nearly every senior attended, and it was all too exciting. Best of all... Darcy turned out to be such an awesome friend.

She convinced her boyfriend's band to play live music. Even though they weren't professionals, the list of different genres of music they had mastered was quite impressive.

Thank the lord her mother informed the neighbors about the live music and the fact that a large group of teens most likely would be attending Jolie's eighteenth birthday celebration. If they hadn't communicated that fact early on, most likely, the police would have shown up to shut them down once the band started playing.

Proof of the noise was seen when the glass in her own house was rattling from the band's performance and the noise from well over one hundred and fifty excited teens.

"Darcy, thank you so much." Jolie jumped up and down as she hugged the young woman and kissed her on the cheek for one of the best presents of the night.

"What are you thanking me for?" The surprised glare on her face was her response to Jolie's emotional outburst.

The birthday girl wiped tears away for the thousandth time.

"You brought the band. They've made this party totally awesome. Look at everyone. The entire class is having the best time and I can guarantee the music is the star in all of this." Jolie cried as she wiped away more tears.

"I'm glad you like it. I hoped you would. Now, stop crying or your face is going to be lobster-red and puffy. This is your special day. You don't want people to see you looking like a hot mess after all the work you put into the party and that outfit." Darcy reminded her.

To Jolie's surprise, the girl she once believed to be dark and scary was actually quite nice and considerate. Darcy turned out to be a really good friend to her when she was in desperate need of a friend. With her support, Jolie was able to pull it together and get back to enjoying herself.

"This is the best party ever. Oh, my word. You have live music... food. You are the best. The only thing missing is the... BEER!"

Chad Flannery ran across the backyard being the crazy fool everyone knew him to be. He was just being himself as always and most people laughed until their sides hurt because of his antics.

Darcy gravitated to the band to support her guy as Jolie moved around to greet her other classmates and was overjoyed when she looked up and saw Tish. She was accompanied by her boyfriend Cordell as they made their way through the crowded backyard.

"Hey, stranger. I'm glad you were able to take time away from your busy life to grace me with your presence." She tried to guilt her friend for being late for her party.

"I know you're not coming at me with your sorry little self. You were the one who was way too busy being secretive about your old man." Tish responded to Jolie's taunting.

"What are you talking about? What do you mean by my 'old man'?" She tried in vain to divert the conversation.

"You can pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about, but you have already been caught, so let's go have this long-overdue conversation so we can clear the air and enjoy the festivities."

Tish grabbed Jolie's arm as she excused herself and her friend. Cordell informed her that he would join some of his buddies and wait for the two ladies to have their little battle before joining him.

The girls laughed at him because he knew them so well. Yes, it was time for Jolie to give it all up. Everything she had been hiding for months was on the line, but if she didn't prove to her friend that she trusted her, their friendship might not survive her deception.