Chapter 8 - The Amahara Garden

"So where is she?" You asked with curiosity

"Hopefully, in the Amahara Garden" She replied with a faint smile. Both you and Rin looked at each other, puzzled. "Where is the Amahara Garden then?" Rin asked without hesitation. You stayed silent and jumped in the flow. Shiem giggled at the thought of how the both of you are clueless.

"Well, its a place where Gods gathered all of the plants in one garden! You can see all the plants that the wolrd has to offer!" She looked happy while explaining. You saw the spark in her eyes as she was. "Wow! that must be a wonderful place" You said while giving her a bright smile. "Well, I'm not really sure If I really get it but, it sounds like a good place" Rin grinned. "You should go there if you love plants this bad!" You expressed with a deep thought. Shiem's smiled fainted a little. "I can't do that... Because even I'm not sure if its real.. Plus, with legs like these, I wont be able to explore that much" The atmosphere became heavy and awkward.

"May I ask what happened to your legs?" You asked with a low tone to break the ice, and also to stop your curiosity. But before she could answer, Yukio and a lady wearing a yukata appeared.

"What on earth happened here? I just left you and... Oh dear" Yukio expressed with a deep sigh and shrugged his shoulders.

"Yu-yuki Chan!" Shiem expressed with a 'try to be cute' voice. It starteled you but you just giggled at the thought. "You know each other?" Rin asked in confusion again, Both of you didn't have the grasp of the situation

"Yep, she lives at this shop which I visit all the time" He smiled dearly, but he didn't forget Rin's ruckus.

Then it was Shiem's turn to be confused. She looked at Rin then Yukio, and repeat. Then finally, Yukio putted the stop to her confusion. "Shiemi, meet my brother older twin brother" He said pointing at Rin. Rin just smiled. "HUH?!" Shiem's reaction was expected. I mean, No one would say that they were twins at first look or two.... "But you look like the older one!" She responded with deep objection. "Well, he is only the older brother by time" Yukio grinned as he teased Rin. "What do you mean by 'time only'" Rin replied with complete annoyance. You laughed as Yukio continued to tease Rin. And Finally, he introduced you "Well, for the lady here, she's _______ (y/n) She's my childhood friend and I think both of you will get along well." You smiled at her and gave her the 'happy look'.

"So why are you here?" Shiem asked. "Well, I'm here to work and the two of them are here to observe" Yukio responded with a mild tone, keeping the mood low. "Shiem, let Yukio check your legs." The woman that was in a Yukata said. "But mother..!!" Shiem denied with deep rejection. "Could I just take a look?" Yukio smiled at her, saying No is not an option."If I don't see anything then there won't be a problem right?" Yukio said with a bright smile.She mummbled to herself and sat on the ground. "A-all right" She quietly showed her legs and... "Roots". You gasped as you saw. Her legs looked.. unlikely. It looked like it was growing roots inside her legs. But not tiny roots, but large and long ones. Rin was also shocked at the scenario but didn't want to offend Shiem. "This is a Mashou" Yukio looked carefully while thinking in a deep thought. Shiem's mother gasped as her face turned pale.

"Then that means that Shi-" Her mother spoke in a frail yet pained voice. You looked at Rin then Yukio not understanding the situation including the tailed demon, Rin who was right beside you and as muffled as you are. "No she is not being possessed, a low class demon is not capable enough to do an act like that." Yukio explained calmy yet you could see the worry on his face. He stood up and became wary of his surroundings. "The demon itself is in this garden, posseing a plant that it is capable enough to reach Shiem's legs... Parasitically leeching from her heart" Her mother gasped and was worried enough to faint. Staying strong.