Returning Home| Squad-mas| Day 13

Requested by Leinae57 I tweaked it just a little bit, but I hope you enjoy it!

"Hey guys!" I wave through the screen at my friends. "How are you guys?" I had been friends with Shane and the rest of the squad for a few years now, but I haven't seen them in person in about 2 years, since I've been serving in the military.

"Hey y/n! We're good, how's everything over there with you?" Garrett smiles as Shane speaks.

"We miss you!" He practically screams at me, causing me to giggle.

"I miss you guys too. And things are alright I guess. I'd rather be with you guys though." I let out a soft sigh and they nod.

"Do you think you'll be home this year for Christmas?" Andrew questions.

"That's in like a week, I doubt it. What are you guys doing for Christmas?"

"Well a few days before, we're gonna have dinner. The 20th I think. And then after that we all fly to our respective families houses for actual Christmas dinner." Shane explains.

"Sounds fun!"

"Yeah, it won't be the same without you though. It hasn't been the last two years." Morgan sighs.

"I know, I wish I was there. I'm sorry."

"It's alright, it's not your fault." Ryland smiles as he lays his head on Shane's shoulder.

"Well, I'll talk to you guys later, it's getting late and I have to get some rest. I love you guys." We finish saying goodbye and then end the call, as a small smile forms on my face. They didn't know, but I was actually coming home before Christmas, and it was for good this time. My plan was to surprise them, I just didn't know when. But now I do.

-A Few Days Later-

I check my phone before pulling into Shane's drive and parking out of view. It looks like everyone is here, so I have to be super sneaky. I gently close the drivers door and open the door to the backseat, pulling out the small bag of gifts that I had gotten for them, shutting the door softly after. I walk up to the door and knock, a huge smile forming on my face. I was home for good, and I was so excited to get back to my friends. Morgan opens the door and screams when she sees me, causing me to laugh as I pull her into a hug.

"Morgan what's wr- y/n?" Ryland gasps as Shane covers his mouth. "You're back?" He grabs me and pulls me into a hug as Garrett and Andrew walk in.

"Y/N! YOU'RE HERE!" Garrett wraps his arms around me and squeezes so tight that I can hardly breathe.

"Air, Garrett," I gasp and he lets go. Shane hugs me next and then Andrew.

"Y/n!" He smiles as he squeezes me tightly. "I can't believe you're here. I need to tell you something," he pulls away and smiles at me. "I should have told you before you left and I never did and it's been killing me. I love you. I've loved you ever since I met you and I never said anything before because I thought it would just hurt more when you left if I did but I was wrong. It hurt even more not telling you."

"Andrew," I gasp, slightly taken aback by the sudden confession. "I love you too," was all I managed to say before I was cut off by Andrew's lips on mine.

"How long do we have before you leave again?" His voice was laced with sadness.

"Well, actually," I turn and face everyone else, who have been staring at us this entire time with huge grins. "I'm home for good."

"What? That's awesome!" Morgan squeals.

"Don't tease me like that y/n," Andrew warns as he wraps his arms around me again.

"I'm not, it's true. I'm finished. We get to spend all of our time together now." He smiles and picks me up, spinning me around for a minute and then kissing me again as he puts me down. "Well, on another note, I brought gifts!" I smile and start passing out the boxes that had been sitting on the floor this whole time. Everyone opens their boxes, revealing matching bracelets. "It's cliché but now we have friendship bracelets, so even when we aren't together, there's always some part of the others with us. It's not much, but it's what I could get."

"No, they're perfect. Thank you so much." Shane smiles as everyone gathers into a giant group hug for a moment before pulling away.

"Now.. we eat!"

If you guys have any requests let me know!