Chapter 1. Abolishing A Rule

A/N: The entire book is in Ace's point of view!           

 The only light came from the moon and a small light that hung above the door of the warehouse. A man that wasn't familiar to me stood at the door and tried to pick the lock. The man didn't hear me approach.

I stopped several feet behind him and tilted my head. What a dumbass — I thought to myself. Surely, he must know who this warehouse belongs to.

"What exactly do you think you are doing?" I slurred and staggered. I blinked several times as I tried to focus. Damn, it's a good thing I'm not driving.

The man spun around, and his eyes widened. The man took in my drunken state. His brown hair fell over his blue eyes. He crossed his arms over his chest. "Get out of here, man. This isn't your business."

The man clearly didn't know who I was because he would be running for the hills if he knew who I was. I bit my lip to stop the chuckle that threatened to escape me. "Look. . ." I trailed off and shook my head. "I'm pretty sure that you aren't S'pose to be in there." I stumbled again. Damn, in my condition, this guy could whoop my ass.

The guy rolled his eyes at me. "You're drunk, man. Go home and sleep it off or something. Trust me; you don't want to play the hero. I'm not afraid of you," he spat.

Well, I had to give him one thing, he was right about me being drunk. Drunk wasn't a strong enough word; obliterated is more accurate. I threw my head back and laughed. I staggered and fell onto my ass. My ass was sure to be bruised tomorrow from hitting the concrete so hard.

The guy looked at me like I was an idiot.

"Man," I choked through laughter. "It isn't me you need to be worried about."

The guy looked at me, confused. "What are you—"

Before he could finish his sentence, Aria came up behind him. Aria grabbed a fist full of his hair, arched his head back, and slid a blade across his neck.

The man's eyes widened. Blood spilled from his neck and stained his white t-shirt. He choked and gurgled.

Aria shoved him to the ground. She stood above him and waited for him to bleed out.

The man looked up at Aria in horror.

Aria batted her eyelashes at him and gave him an innocent smile. "Sweet dreams," Aria murmured to the man on the ground.

Damn, she is sexy as hell when she does that. I licked my lips and my gaze swept over her.

The man's breathing stopped.

Aria's gaze flickered to mine. "Ace, I hope you can get back up and walk back to the car because I don't think I can help you much." Aria waved a hand over her pregnant belly.

"Don't worry about it, bebita. I'll crawl if I have to," I said and chuckled. I stood up and stumbled toward the man on the ground.

"You need to slow down on the bourbon, babe," Aria said.

I ignored her comment. I knew she was right. I had been drinking too much since her father died. It had been a crazy two weeks. There had been so much that happened the past year.

I checked his left arm and his right. I looked for any familiar symbol. Most men that were in a gang had ink to represent what gang they were a part of. On the left side of his neck, there was a tiny four-leaf clover.

The Queen Of Bad Things (Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara