Chapter 3. A Beautiful Place

"Bohai, all the way from China, just for some guns? I'm impressed," I said and smirked. I placed my sunglasses on top of my head and locked eyes with Bohai.

Bohai is the leader of the Chinese. Bohai dealt with the American charter, as well. The Chinese were a large and powerful gang, no doubt. After things went bad with the Mexican Cartel, we needed some new clients. Aria and I thought it would be best to stretch to new relations.

"America is a beautiful place," Bohai said. "I enjoy vacationing here in California from time to time."

Luis, Austin, and I stepped forward and handed them the duffel bags of guns. Bohai gave us a couple of duffel bags full of cash.

"Are they the same?" Bohai asked. "I was very fond of the last shipment."

"They're not the same. Before Carlos died, he switched to a new brand. It is a better brand," I explained. "I'm sure that you will be satisfied."

"Good enough for me," Bohai said. "We will pick up the next shipment in a month if that is okay?"

"That is fine, but let me know what day in advance," I told him.

Bohai nodded in agreement. Bohai and the three men he brought with him turned to leave.

I turned to face the boys. "I'm grabbing Aria, and we're going to leave for the weekend."

"Did you get the house?" Luis asked.

"Yes, and it's ready," I said. "The workers finished it last night."

"Are you going to pop the question?" Benny teased.

The guys had no idea that I was planning to ask Aria to marry me, but they knew that I bought a beach house. Aria mentioned that she wanted a beach house a long time ago, so I bought a beach house. The house was located outside of city limits and far away from any other homes.

The fact that Benny had been only kidding but was right made me smile, and my smile gave away the answer.

"Holy shit," Austin breathed. "You are, aren't you?"

The boys all stopped and turned to face me. They all gave me a curious glance.

A chuckle escaped me. "You sure know how to ruin a surprise, Benny."

"Woah," Luis said and let out a low whistle.

"For real?" Joey asked.

"Are you sure?" Abel arched a brow.

"Look, I'm nervous as it is. Don't say weird shit that is going to make me more anxious. One thing that keeps Aria and I's relationship interesting is that I never know how she will react. We haven't been together for an extremely long time, but we're already about as married as we can get. We run things together. We have a son. Not to mention that we're living together," I explained.

"You have a point," Austin said and nodded.

"Besides, I love her, and I don't have any desire to be with anyone else or anywhere else," I muttered. I hated telling people how I felt about anything. The only two people I usually showed any kind of emotion or affection towards were Aria and Angel.

"Don't be nervous," Benny said. "I strongly doubt that Aria would say no to you."

"I agree," Abel said.