Epilogue: Eight Years Later

Benny came out of the bathroom and sat down on the queen size bed across from the one I sat on. "Do you think they're going to agree to the deal? Bohai turned into a bit of a picky ass over the years, hasn't he?" Benny tilted his head.

I opened my mouth to respond, but my phone interrupted me. I grabbed it off the end table.

"Is it Aria?" Benny asked.

"Yeah," I said simply. I slid my thumb across the screen. "Hello?"

"Hey, have you talked to him yet?" Aria asked. She sounded irritated.

"Not yet. Benny and I are going to grab some coffee and head over there. Hopefully, he has made a decision. Bohai wants me to drop the price," I explained.

"No," Aria said sharply. "We're giving him a killer deal as it is—"

"Calm down, bebita. I know," I said. "You sound on edge. What's up with you?"

"Angel has been pissing the girls off all morning long, and it's driving me crazy. I haven't slept for shit since you left. I keep having these nightmares. . ." Aria trailed off.

"What kind of nightmares?" I asked.

"Of you," she whispered.

"Bebita, I'm fine," I said.

"Just be careful," she muttered.

"I will. No matter what Bohai decides, I'm on that plane by three. I promise," I said.

"Good. Call me when you land," she said.

"I will," I said. "I love you."

"I love you too." Aria hung the phone up.

I stared at my phone for a long moment, but Benny snapped me out of it.

"Are you good?" Benny asked.

"I'm fine. She's just worrying as usual." I sat the phone down. "Let's go get some coffee. Don't forget to take your medicine."

"Yes, honey," Benny mocked.

"Look, buddy, according to your wife, you're not great at remembering it. I don't want to see you go into one of those freakish seizures. So shut it," I grumbled.

Benny chuckled and grabbed his medicine out of his bag. He swallowed it and washed some water down with it. Benny lost a lot of blood when he got shot eight years ago. The loss of blood and lack of oxygen to his brain caused him to have seizures, and they haven't gone away.

Joey survived too, but he walks with a bit of a limp. His limp has gotten better over the last few years. When Joey woke up, they told him he would never walk again, but Joey got up several weeks later and walked.

We lost our mansion, but not the structure beneath the estate. Beneath the mansion in a bomb-like-shelter was most of our money. Anything that was in our safes was okay too, but we still lost many things. We managed to build an exact replica of the original mansion down to every detail thanks to the blueprints and good memories between us, the workers, and Carlos.

To say the least, we were lucky. The last eight years were uneventful. We lost nobody in the war against the Aryan brothers, and for that, we were grateful. Aria and I had two more kids, Alana and Aiden. Aiden had been born on my birthday a couple of years ago, which would be in a couple of days. All of our friends were married with kids too.