Chapter 19. Setup

Carlos hung up the phone and turned to us. "It's Colima. They took Angel. In trade, they want a free shipment of guns and for me to deal with them." Carlos clenched his jaw in anger.

Aria and I stared at Carlos, completely dumbfounded. Aria took a deep breath and stepped forward.

"You tell them, we will give them the guns," Aria said.

"I already did," Carlos said, and his eyes flickered to mine. "But they shouldn't get away with this."

"And they won't," I sneered.

The study door opened. All the guys filed into the study. My cousins Miguel and Diego followed after them.

"We heard you got a situation on your hands," Miguel said.

Aria and I turned to look at them. I wanted to add Miguel and Diego to the team a few months earlier, but they were caught up in something. They both smiled at the shocked look on my face.

"We weren't expecting you guys," I said.

"Well, we decided to accept your invitation," Diego said and smirked. "Impeccable timing, apparently."

"Something like that," I agreed.

They stopped in front of Aria and me.

"Oh, not bad. The wife, right?" Miguel said.

I rolled my eyes at his flirtatious tone. Miguel had always been the flirtatious one. Diego had always been more laid back. They both had a strong sense of humor.

"Aria, this is Miguel and Diego. Guys, this is Aria," I introduced.

"Nice to meet you both," Aria said.

"Likewise," Miguel and Diego said.

After the introduction, we got everyone up to speed about the kidnapping of Angel. We agreed to meet at our warehouse to do the exchange since the guns they wanted were there, and we had an advantage they didn't — we knew the area better than they did. Most of the boys would be hidden out of sight. Tammy would hide out in a separate vehicle, and Aria would take him to her. Aria would come back and fight with Colima. We intended to take out as many Colima members in the area that we could, but it wouldn't be simple.

We loaded up in a few vans and took off to the warehouse. The only disadvantage we had is that it's dark outside. We turned on the security lights, and it gave off enough lighting to know who we were shooting at.

All of us had small mics and earbuds to communicate. Aria, Carlos, and I were the only visible ones. We pulled the guns out and put them in large duffel bags.

A dark blue van pulled up the driveway and rolled to a stop.

"Do not take off until they have turned their backs. We want to give you a head start," I told Aria.

Aria kept a straight face and gave me one solid nod.

The men climbed out of the van, with our son wrapped in a blanket. Aria crouched and started to move forward. She sneered in their direction. I grabbed her arm, and she looked up at me. I narrowed my eyes at her and shook my head. Aria took a deep breath to calm herself and straightened up.

"Don't worry, Aria. They'll be dead soon enough," Luis said through the mic.

The men of Colima approached us. "We meant your son no harm. He is totally fine. We just want the guns and the relationship back that we had years ago. We weren't sure if we could trust the new leader. Dealing with Ace is one thing, but we know nothing of this girl," Raefel said. Raefel led the Colima cartel and is the same age as Carlos. Years earlier, they had a relationship, but Colima found a deal they liked better, and Carlos refused to lower the price. They needed us more than we needed them.