Chapter 18. This Is Your Fault

Time had passed since the incident with the council, and we weren't much closer to dealing with the Aryan brotherhood. We had too much going on at once to be able to spend much time thinking about the vengeful gang.

Once again, Aria and I had moved forward with wedding plans. I found it strange that my nerves were more rattled by the wedding this time than the last time, and I knew the reason why. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Aria, that wasn't even questionable. But considering what happened the last time, I wasn't quite as excited.

We didn't intend to be married until after she had the babies. Babies as in plural. I still couldn't get over the fact that we were having twins, and they were girls. I've been stomping around the house for weeks, muttering about not having enough guns.

Aria sat at her desk, and she lifted her head when she heard me enter the study. "Hey, babe," Aria said and smiled. Her smile faded when she took in my expression. "What's wrong?"

I waved my cell phone at her and tossed it down onto her desk. "Arturo called me. He wants us to meet up with him."

"Did you tell him to suck your dick?" Aria tilted her head and gave me an innocent smile.

"I mean. . ." I trailed off and shrugged. "I thought about it."

Aria sighed. "You told him we would meet him, didn't you?"

"Yes," I said simply.

"When?"

"An hour."

"Your timing is impeccable. You know that, don't you? Everyone is coming for the cookout today. They will be here in a few hours."

"The workers can deal with getting things ready, bebita," I said. "It shouldn't take us that long."

"Did you call the boys?" Aria asked.

"We can handle this one," I said.

Aria scoffed. "Since when do you go anywhere without backup?"

"I'm feeling cocky today, I guess." The sarcasm in my voice was tangible.

Aria rolled her eyes at my smartass comment. "Mind doing some of this paperwork then, so I can go change?"

"What the hell do you need to change for? You look nice." I approached the desk and stopped across from her.

Aria had on a blue maternity dress. Her black hair piled on top of her head. She looked great. My eyes fell to her chest. The dress she wore showed off some of her cleavage.

"Ace," Aria said. She threw a pen at me to get my attention since most of my attention was on her breasts.

"What?"

Aria giggled. "I'm not meeting him in a dress that is meant for a family get-together."

"Suit yourself, but I think you look hot."

Aria walked around the desk and kissed me on the lips. "I'll be down soon," she said.

I sat down at the desk and started scribbling my name across the paperwork.

Several moments later, the study door swung open, and I knew it couldn't have been Aria. I looked up from my paperwork.

Carlos came into the study with Chad in his arms. Chad waved shyly at me. Chad reminded me a lot of Aria. Angel is anything but shy.