CHAPTER 1: So Close.....

OFELIA

It has been a a week since I've been able to get up and move around as much since this last beating my boyfriend gave me was so bad that I had to stay in bed the whole time up until today. I swear, I can't take this anymore. I deserve better and would rather be alone in the woods and risk being killed by other rogues or even humans than to be here another minute.

I hear the bedroom door open up and in walks my boyfriend, Eddison.

I quickly cover myself a little more as I sit up in bed and try not to show fear as I know that'll just make things worse.

"Hey." He says while handing me flowers.

"Hi." I reply while ignoring him and the flowers.

"I know I say this a lot but, I really am sorry." He begins.

"Yeah." I reply while still avoiding eye contact.

"Here, I got these for you." He says as he walks to the side of the bed and hands me the bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks." I tell him while taking them.

"Listen, I have some things I've got to do and then when I come back, maybe we can do something together." He suggests.

"I don't know." I tell him.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, I don't know if I can do this anymore." I hesitated.

"Not this again." He says.

"Come on Eddison. We both know we aren't each other's mates. What does it matter if I leave? You don't even love me." I say.

"So? What does that have to do with anything?" He chuckles.

I shake my head and look at him in disgust before getting up out of bed and that's when he grabs my arm and squeezes it tightly.

"Where do you think you're going?! We made a deal!" He proclaims.

"Yeah when we were sixteen. But you weren't an asshole that used me like a punching bag back then or mentally abuse me. I can't keep doing this." I tell him while releasing my arm from his grasp and he tries grabbing me again until I quickly turn around and punch him hard in the face before realizing just what I had done and start to quickly run as fast as I could outside into the woods while hearing him in the distance call out to his men to go after me.
So I quickly shift into my wolf and continue running as fast as I could.

I was leaving everyone and everything I had ever known since I was kicked out of my house when I was fourteen.

I had found Eddison and the rest of the rogues who followed him everywhere. They were my family and I thought I had escaped from the abuse my father gave to me daily. Look where that has gotten me.

I can hear them getting closer as I continue running in all fours not knowing where I was going or caring either.

Then I come to a complete halt when I see several wolves start to surround me. They were all from Eddison's group of rogues that still followed him.

"I'm not going back." I mind-link them.

"You know what Eddison will do to you if you don't come back and he has to come after you." One of them says.

"I don't care. I've put up with enough of his bullshit for too fucking long." I tell them all.

"Please don't make this any harder than it has to be." He tells me.

We all stand there looking at each other and then one of them comes sprinting towards me and that's when I quickly claw at him and knock him down. Then the others start to come at me but I try and stop them and end up being thrown really hard by one of them by their mouth.

When I hit the tree really hard and fall down onto the ground just as hard, it's hard for me to get up as I struggle to.

I then notice all the rogues standing side by side in the line while staring at me.

I start seeing them quickly retreating and once they were gone, I couldn't stop from shifting back into my human form, feeling the worst pain I have felt in a while in both my neck, stomach and back.

I begin hearing some branches breaking nearby and cover myself before I see a few tall muscular men walk towards me and start feeling a bit scared at whose property I'm on as I can tell they must be guards.

"Who are you?!" One of them asks.

"M-my name is Ofelia." I reply shaking from both fear and the cold.

"Here." One of the other one's say as they toss me a shirt and some pants.

"Thank you." I reply.

"What are we gonna do?" One of them asks the first guy that talked to me.

"We'll take her to Alpha and he'll know what to do." He grins.

Oh my god, what's going to happen to me? Whose property did I stumble upon?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)
You guys are gonna like this one too. Also, I will start posting more on this one in a week or two at the most cause it's when I finish one of the ones I'm already writing and posting for which will be by next week or week after at the latest. Maybe sooner. :);) so look out for this. Hope you give it a chance.