CHAPTER 2: What Did I Just Do?

EVERETT

I was just finishing signing a few treaties when I heard a noise coming from out back in the woods nearby. One of my many abilities I have as an Alpha is being able to hear things that are many miles away and it's even louder than what normally it sounds like with humans. 

I stop signing and start making my way outside and stop as I notice my Beta, Wes, along with others from my pack walking up towards me while he's carrying what looks to be a young woman.

"Mate." I hear my wolf tell me as the scent coming from what I assume is her, is amazing.

I quickly walk up to them and take a look at her. She's dirty, bruised and is clinging onto Wes but is sleeping.

"What happened to her? Why is she scared and dirty?" I asked.

"We don't know. But I think she might be a rogue." Wes says.

I look at her and feel enraged as I begin noticing some markings on her body.

"How did she get those?" I asked while pointing at some of the bruises I notice on her legs.

"Not from us." He says.

I look at her and feel terrible that she's hurt. I want to kill whoever touched her in such a bad way.

"Give her to me." I tell him.

He then puts her into my arms where she doesn't open her eyes up but snuggles closer to me and I can't help but feel at ease more and more calm than ever. The feeling of the mating pull is amazing. I want to hold her forever and protect her.

I turn and start heading back inside and up into my bedroom that will now be ours. That's something I have always wanted but wasn't sure I would ever find or have.

Everyone usually finds their mates when they're sixteen but I'm twenty-five and was beginning to feel hopeless. That is until now of course. Right here and now, I promise to be with her and ONLY her. I will delete all the booty calls from off my phone. In fact...I think to myself after laying her down and start deleting all of those numbers.

I then look back at her and love at how peaceful and beautiful she looks while asleep on my-our bed.

I slowly walk over towards her and then stop halfway when I begin to think to myself that she has no idea in who I am and the last thing I would ever want is for her to wake up next to a stranger and ruin any chance there would ever be in her being with me. 

So I back up and close the door quietly before heading downstairs and end up sleeping on the couch. 

***********************************************

The Next Day

"Alpha! Alpha wake up!" I hear Wes yelling at me sounding panicked while shaking me. 

"What?" I asked as I quickly sit up and rub my eyes to open them up more. 

"She's gone!" He exclaims. 

"What?!" I asked frustrated and stand up. "When did she leave?" I asked. 

"I don't know." He says and then we both look behind him as we see one of my Delta's pulling her in by the arm. Not too rough but enough. 

I start to growl lowly and stomp up to him and remove her from his grasp but the moment I look into her eyes and see nothing but fear as she looks at me also, my heart drops to my stomach. 

"Are you okay?" I ask in a gentle tone. 

"Please don't hurt me." She begins to plead. 

"What? I'm not going to hurt you. I could never hurt you." I try and comfort her and stupidly reached out to try and touch her face gently but she flinched and right away looked away from me.

I quickly pull my hand back as if I touched a hot flame or something. 

What did I do? Why is she scared of me? I mean, I know I'm practically a stranger to her but she looks at me terrified as if she truly thinks I'm going to hurt her and flinches as if I already have. I'm so confused right now. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)