CHAPTER 3: I'm The One Now Confused

OFELIA

I woke up and noticed that I was not in a room I recognized. Right away, I began to panic. Was it one of Eddisons' men who brought me here? In fact, what happened and how did I get here? 

I started trying to think about what had happened and soon I began to remember everything. 

Startled, I began to hurry and get up and slowly opened the door. Then once I saw that the coast was clear, I hauled ass out the bedroom door and down stairs then stopped after hearing someone shout. 

"Hey!" From behind me. 

Quickly I continued to run out the backdoor and once inside the the woods, I continued running for a while with fear consuming me every second. I wasn't going to allow myself to go back to Eddison and I sure as hell wasn't going to let his friends capture me and do who knows what. 

So I continued running for a good few miles until I had to stop to catch my breath. However, I quickly regretted it the moment I saw a guy jump out in front of me and grabbed me by the arm, not roughly but had a good enough tight grip on me to where I couldn't wriggle free from his grasp as he started to take me back towards the house. Which apparently, the 'few miles' I thought I had ran away from the house, turns out I wasn't too far away and mostly did more of a circle. 

When we got back inside, I felt myself wanting to collapse, wanting to scream, cover myself to block the punches I would soon get from Eddison because I ran away. This time, he was going to kill me for sure. 

At least that's what I thought until I soon realized I wasn't in pain. I wasn't on the ground being kicked in the ribs and throwing up. 

Is he seriously not going to hurt me? I start turning my head back to look at him slowly confused at what's going on. He's got to be messing with me. 

I then hear him tell his buddy that has a grip on me to take me to his office. Then once we're in there, the guy sits me down and holds me down while we wait for Eddison to come in. 

"Leave us." I hear Eddison say and the guy who was keeping me in the chair, left and closed the door behind him. 

When I try getting up, he stops me with the tone of his voice and how assertive it is. I've heard him use that tone before and know where it leads to. So I just sit. 

He walks in front of me and sits on the desk across from me and we begin sharing a few moments of silence between each other. 

"Why are you doing this? Why can't you just let me go?" I say under my breath. 

"What was that?" I hear him ask me with genuine sympathy in his voice. 

I look up at him and try to stop the tears that are forming in my eyes. 

"Why are you playing games with me?" I ask. 

"I'm not sure what you're talking about but..." He starts but I stop him. 

"You're really fucked up, you know that?!" I snap at him while standing up, folding my arms over my chest. "To act like you don't know what you've done to me for years. Just stop playing these games!" I begin to cry out. 

"I'm not....." He starts again but I stop him once more. 

"Bullshit! If you're gonna beat me and punish me then go ahead and do it already but don't you play with me!" I exclaim while crying a little more. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, I swear." He repeats. 

We both look at each other for a moment before I finally calm down a little bit but am still scared. 

"Listen, I know that you've probably heard stories about me and my pack. However, rather you know this or not, we're mates." He smiles at me. 

Okay, now he's gotta be fucking with me. Well, I'm not falling for this shit anymore, no matter how badly he beats me. 

"Just stop it!" I finally shout at him. 

He right away taken back by my outburst at first and has a hurt look on his face. I didn't know this asshole even had any feelings. 

"You and I both know that isn't true. Besides, even if it were to be true I would never love you, no matter what the Moon Goddess says." I spit at him with much distaste. 

He then looks away for a moment, looking like he's trying not to cry. For a moment I almost believe him and want to even apologize and not because if I didn't it was better to do it, I legit felt bad as I had never seen the hurt look on his face. But I can't fall for it, this all has to be a trick. Any minute he's gonna blow up at me. Now I was the one with a confused look on their face. It's like I don't even know who I'm looking at anymore. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)