CHAPTER 5: Butterflies?

OFELIA

What have I done? Is he telling me the truth in being who he says he is? I hope so. I hope I'm not delusional and this is all some kind of a trick.

I've been having nightmares every night and haven't been sleeping in the same room as Everett because I wasn't ready and he has been very understanding.

I wish I had my wolf back. I want nothing more than to feel all those amazing feelings you do when you find your mate. But I don't.

I've had time to think though in the past couple of days and started thinking about how if he really isn't Eddison, then that means he has a twin!?!

If that's true, then what if this is a trick and how do I know he isn't trying to trick me?

I never should have agreed so quickly that I accepted him as my mate. Everything is so much harder without having my wolf help me and tell me that this is real.

I'm not sure exactly what I should do but, for right now, since be is being patient with me still and understanding, I'm gonna take this opportunity to try and figure out if he is who he says he is.

So today, I headed downstairs and was walking around, exploring the house a little more when I stopped in front of a half opened door, while I heard talking.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop but I had this feeling that they were talking about Eddison.

"Your brother has been gone for so long. And of she really was with him and ran away, you know he'll come after her." His Beta, Wes states.

"I know. But I'll never let him hurt her. We both know he's ruthless and will definiteley stop at nothing just to try and get back at me." I hear Everett state.

I feel relieved to be honest, but yet at the same time, I feel worried.

"You know we need to talk with the Elders about this. If they find out before we tell them first then you know what could happen." Wes reminds him.

"I know. But we will. Just right now, we need to keep an eye on her and make sure she is protected at all times until we figure what to do." I then hear Everett state.

"Yes Alpha." Wes states and I start to hear moving and then people walking and I quickly run towards the kitchen so they didn't catch me eavesdropping.

I start looking for something to eat and hear people saying 'hi' to me. So I turn around and say 'hi' back to them.

"Good morning Ofelia." Wes says.

"Good morning, Wes." I reply with a smile and then start putting a cooking pan on the stove and crack some eggs before putting them in the pan and start cooking some.

"Mmm....Smells good." I hear Everett say as he walks into the kitchen and walks up to me.

"It's just eggs." I chuckle.

"Still. It smells good." He says.

"Thanks." I reply.

I felt him place a kiss on the side of my cheek.

"By the way, you can always come into my office even when I have a meeting. You know, so you don't have to eavesdrop anymore." He smiles and winks at me while walking over to the small round table as he waits for me to sit by him.

Damn the mates pull and the scents you can smell. I hope I get that back someday. I've heard so many times that people don't get them back, but who knows, right?

He smells good too but I know that he'll smell much more amazing as mates have distinct great smelling scents to each other.

I put some on a plate and then  walked over and sat in a seat next to him and set a plate down in front of him.

"Thank you." He said as he looked shock. "But you know you don't have to cook or do any of that while you're my girl." He winks at me as he takes a drink from his coffee.

"I don't mind." I assure him with a smile.

We both then sit there and eat breakfast together.

"Those were really good." He says while placing a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks love." He smiles as he takes my plate and takes them over to the sink and begins washing them.

Then he comes walking back up towards me.

"Is that okay by the way? That I call you that? Because I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." He assures me.

"Yeah. It's fine." I replied with a smile.

To be honest, it feels good to hear someone call me that and it's genuine.

I have to say that even though I don't feel the mates pull, I feel something. Butterflies?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)