CHAPTER 12: Not Today.....

EVERETT

Wes interrupted us and normally I would have reacted irritated and snapped at him for interrupting, in particular, a moment like this one that I'm having with my mate.

This time however, it was alright because this was due to us having a guest.

Ofelia and I walked hand-in-hand out the room and followed Wes to the office where once we walked inside, I didn't know who this was but Ofelia apparently did as she had a huge smile on her face and quickly ran up to this guy and hugged him tightly.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you've found me." She says.

Both my wolf and I growl lowly and he right away looks at me and puts his hands up in surrender as he pushes her back a little from him.

I walk right up to her and pull her closer to me.

"Who are you and how the hell do you know my mate?!" I ask him.

"The name's Trent. I used to be part of Eddison's pack until recently." He states.

As soon as he said that, I wanted to start ripping him from limb to limb except Ofelia stopped me and quickly began to explain some things.

"No. He's a good one. He was the only one that ever stood up to me. Who tried to keep me safe and who helped me escape." She smiles at him.

I look at him and begin to calm down.

"Well, thank you for helping her." I say.

"Of course. She's a good person that deserved to live." He says as he smiles back at her.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I've come to offer my help in taking Eddison down. I understand he's your brother but with all do respect, he's fonna create a war. He has already made alliances with a lot of rogues and is wanting to not just come after you but, he wants to take down the elders and the entire council." He states.

I look at Wes and then have him close the door while I take a seat behind my desk and across from Trent while I pull up a chair for Ofelia next to me.

"What all do you know?" I asked.

"More than enough. More than I should. He has no idea I'm here and neither does some of the pack. However, the ones in the pack that do know I'm here and why, they want to help also." He mentions.

I look at Wes then at Ofelia and then back at him.

"Is this a trick?" I asked.

"Hell no. A lot of us want to take him down and have even tried to recruit others to help us but, some are too scared while others I just don't trust. There's the majority of his pack including myself that will help take him down. But we need your help." He says.

"What's in it for you?" I ask him.

"Well, me and the guys that are wanting to help would like to become a part of your pack." He mentions.

"Is that so?" I ask with a smirk. "What makes you think you and your friends have what it takes?" I ask with a cocked eyebrow.

"Well, I know that going by her word wouldn't be enough and we wouldn't blame you. So we all would like to prove to you and do whatever it takes to prove it to you that we would be great in your pack." He says.

It takes me a minute to think about it. In fa t, me and Wes go back and forth for a little bit mind linking with each other about if this is a trick or not until I make up my mind.

"Alright, I'll make you a deal. Show up tomorrow and we'll see what you've got. Then we'll go from there and think up of a plan in how to get the rest of your friends to show what they've got. Then I will see. And if you all can show me that this isn't a trick and really want to help take my brother down then I will consider it. However, if you are fucking with me, you will regret it." I warn him.

"Fair enough." He says.

"Then okay, we have a deal. However, I also want you to give me as much as you find out about my brother and all of his plans. Got it?" I ask.

"I promise." He says.

I then nod my head and we shake hands before he heads off and him and Ofelia both say goodbye to one another.

She turns and looks at me.

"So are we going to fight?" She asks a little worried and concerned.

I get up and walk towards her then look into her eyes.

"We will but, not today." I tell her before gently placing a kiss on her sweet and soft lips.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)