three

MADDIE

"Hey Shawn was wondering if you guys wanna have dinner at his house tonight?" Rowan asks me and Hayes as we were walking to Shawn's locker after school.

We agreed to walk home with him since we found out he lives in our neighbourhood.

I look at Hayes and he shrugs, "Yea, sure but I think we're gonna go home first then come to his house later."

"Yay!" she cheers excitedly. "I already asked Ethan to come but he has his sister's dance recital," she explains.

I can't help but feel a bit sad at the fact that Ethan isn't coming. I don't like him or anything but he's a good friend of mine and I really like hanging out with him.

"Hi guys," Shawn says staring at Rowan when we reach his locker. It's so obvious he'a into her, and I can tell she likes him too.

I can't help but feel bad for Hayes.

"Let's go," Rowan announces and her and Shawn start walking with me and Hayes following behind.

The whole walk home, Shawn and Rowan were in their own world, completely ignoring Hayes and I.

Hayes is quiet the whole time, I can tell he's not in the mood to talk right now so i just pat his back, comforting him while we walk. It's hard seeing your twin hurting and not being able to doing anything to fix it.

20 minutes later we arrive at our house. We say our goodbyes to the lovebirds then head into our house.

When Hayes gets in the first thing he does is plop down on the couch. There's no hiding the sad look on his face.

I know I can't deal with this on my own so I run upstairs to check if my older brother Nash is in his room. I find him playing on his phone. Probably on that app vine, that boy is always on vine.

"Nash," I call and he looks up, "Problem. Rowan likes a new guy and he likes her,"

"Uh oh," Nash mumbles before adding a few curse words under his breath. "Hayes," he yells running out of his room and down the stairs, me following  close behind him.

"What," Hayes grumbles clearly upset. His face is all sad looking and his crystal blue eyes are watery.

"What's the deal with Row and this new guy?" Nash asks as he takes a seat next to him on the couch.

"Simple. She likes him. Not me. She'll never like me. I'm just her stupid friend if she'd even call me a friend" he moans. I sit down and give my upset brother a hug. In case you haven't realized it yet, Hayes has a huge crush on Rowan.

"She's at his house right now, we're going there later," I inform Nash and he nods taking in all the information.

"I don't even know if I want to go.." Hayes sighs.

"No you have to go," Nash decides. "You can't let this loser steal your girl," he laughs.

"Yea!" Skylynn exclaims popping out of nowhere and we all laugh. I thought my little sister would be taking a nap, but guess who's wide awake. "I like Rowan and if she doesn't end up being my sister-in-law it will be all your fault, so go get her champ," she sasses.

"This is why you're my favourite sister," Hayes coos giving Skylynn a bear hug and Nash nods in agreement.

"Um, I'm right here guys," I complain and the two of them shrug.

"I guess you're alright too," Nash jokes and I roll my eyes.

"Sky who's your favourite brother?" I question her because I know what she'll say.