In The Halls of Gemsamoria

Jessie looked at the Doctor in barely concealed excitement. "So?" she asked with a grin. "Where are we?"

He grinned back at her. "Take a look."

Jessie ran to the TARDIS doors and looked out them, and her jaw dropped as she took in the literally glittering landscape around them. "Oh," she said slowly. "My. God."

"Gemsamoria," the Doctor told her, stepping out after her. "Soft 'g,' not a hard one. But it is originally where they got the word for gem."

"No kidding," Jessie managed to say through her shock as she took in what appeared to be powdered moonstone sand under their feet. "Is everything here made of gems?"

"Not everything," the Doctor conceded, holding out his hand, and she took it, the two of them walking across the "beach." "But enough of it is." He waved a hand out at the sparkling clear blue water. "The sand under the water, for instance, is powdered sapphires."

"Oh, wow," Jessie breathed. She looked up at him. "OK, you don't owe me any more. This place is amazing!"

The Doctor laughed. "Come on!"

The two of them took off running, heading for the city in the distance.

***

"And they actually look like humans," Jessie said, eyes wide as they looked around the marketplace.

"Mm," the Doctor agreed. "Practically every gem known in the galaxy is sold here. The mines are filled to bursting. One of the most expensive planets in the universe, and one of the most profitable."

"Which is what makes it so expensive."

"Exactly." He smiled at her. "Also, one of the most popular choices for honeymoons."

Jessie burst out laughing. "Good choice."

"I keep telling you I'm impressive, and you never believe me!"

"That was the last you that was so full of himself," Jessie giggled, folding her arms and looking at him.

The Doctor rolled his eyes. "Yeah, he was," he admitted.

Jessie grinned, looking around the marketplace area. "So, it's all gems galore. What else do they have here?"

"Just about everything," he replied. "Anything luxurious, they've got it. Remind me to take you to Midnight some time."

"Take me to Midnight some time," she joked. He rolled his eyes, and she grinned. "All right, you let me take a look around the market area. You go do whatever you want to do."

"Meet me at that hotel over there," he told her, nodding to one of the taller, more expensive buildings. "Looks simple, but it's one I've gone to before."

"What time?"

The Doctor checked the watch she wore. "Two hours," he replied.

She beamed at him and kissed his cheek before darting off into the crowd.

The Doctor shook his head, watching her go before chuckling to himself and moving off in the other direction.

***

The shops were incredible. If she could have, Jessie was sure she would have bought everything in the market.

She joined forces with a guide named Aliyah, who was more than eager to show her just about everything they had in the market area. First order of business, she had said, was to make her look like a local.

And by the time they were done searching one of the dress shops in the area, she was. Her blonde hair was almost golden, glossy and threaded through with a few diamonds and opals. She hadn't chosen one of the most elaborate dresses, but merely one elaborately sequined, reflecting in different colors, which Aliyah admitted did suit her more. But still, she had to admit, Aliyah knew just what to do with all of the gems in the stores around them.