The End of Time Part 1

Here comes the finale! Hope you enjoy the twist I've put in place, and two stars means there's a break between the narration, and three is the normal story break.

Enjoy!

***

"It is said that in the final days of planet Earth, everyone had bad dreams. To the west of the north of that world, the human race did gather, in the celebration of a pagan rite to banish the cold and the dark. Each and every one of those people had dreamt of the terrible things to come. But they forgot, because they must. They forgot their nightmares of fire and war and insanity. They forgot . . . except for one."

**

Wilfred Mott gave everyone smiles as he walked down the streets of Chiswick, preparing for Christmas when he stopped.

"Bwahahahahahaha!"

He shook his head slightly, trying to get that laugh out of his head before he stepped into a church nearby. He smiled slightly, listening to the choir rehearsing, when his attention was caught by the stained glass window behind them. He stepped closer to take a look, and his eyes widened when he saw a blue rectangle shaped mysteriously like a phone box in the window.

"They call it the Legend of the Blue Box."

Wilf jumped, turning to see a woman in a white suit behind him. "Oh," he said, nodding. "I've never been in here before. I'm not one for churches. Too cold."

"This was the site of a convent back in the thirteen hundreds," the woman continued. "It's said a demon fell from the sky, then a man and a woman appeared. A man and a woman in a blue box. They called them the sainted physician and his immortal beloved. They smote the demon, and then disappeared."

Wilf chuckled. He knew two people who fit that bill easily. "That's a bit of a coincidence," he remarked, turning to look at the glass again.

"It's said there's no such thing as coincidence. Who knows? Perhaps they're coming back."

Wilf grinned. "Oh, that would make my Christmas," he began, turning, then he blinked.

The woman was gone.

And he cringed when he heard that laughter in his head again. "Bwahahahahahaha!"

***

It was about a year, five months, two weeks, five days, thirteen hours, twelve minutes, and - Jessie checked her watch as she adjusted the Doctor's hat with her free hand - twenty nine seconds since they'd started running from their deaths.

Not that she was counting how long it was until they died, of course. They'd just been making the most of it, going everywhere they could think of, until they just had to stop.

The Ood had called them back to the Ood Sphere.

That, and Jessie was getting tired of just staying in the TARDIS often. And really, she'd just thought she'd see how long it was until they did die.

But the Doctor had insisted on stopping in Hawaii to get decked out in a stetson and a lei, and she had given him that small pleasure. She had gotten a pineapple smoothie and had given herself a stetson as well, even though hers was black where the Doctor's looked like a cowboy hat. She retrieved her drink and started sipping at it as they exited the TARDIS, both of them with their sunglasses on.

Ood Sigma was waiting for them. "Ah!" the Doctor cheered, seeing the Ood there. "Now, sorry. There you are! So, where were we? We were summoned, weren't we?"

"Summoned, yeah," Jessie nodded, giving Ood Sigma a wave. "Ood in the snow, calling to us."

"Well, we didn't exactly come straight here," the Doctor continued, taking her free hand as they walked forward. "Had a bit of fun, you know. Traveled about . . . did this and that. Got into trouble."